2020 nfl mock drafts thread

LinderFournette

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So you're saying we should do it too?...are you purposefully making the bad decisions that our FO does?

No. Im gonna do a 1 year or a 2 year 0 guranteed money 2nd year deal.   A short term deal for a potential elite te whos proven to be elite when healthy seems like a good gamble to me. 

Heres the injury list.

1 lacerated kidney on ir December 19.

2 torn acl in ota and pup entire year till playoffs divisional round. 

3 tibua plateau fracture around september 11 and returned week 6 of season. 

On 20/10/2019 at 4:02 PM, LinderFournette said:

No. Im gonna do a 1 year or a 2 year 0 guranteed money 2nd year deal.   A short term deal for a potential elite te whos proven to be elite when healthy seems like a good gamble to me. 

Heres the injury list.

1 lacerated kidney on ir December 19.

2 torn acl in ota and pup entire year till playoffs divisional round. 

3 tibua plateau fracture around september 11 and returned week 6 of season. 

I mean sure, if you can sign him up to a no commitment deal and just let him prove he can be a healthy and reliable "elite TE"...why not?  But that's not going to be the case.  There are going to be a bunch of other teams convinced that they can rebuild him, that he can be healthier and more reliable for their team...and they're gonna pay him accordingly.

If you really want an "elite" TE that is truly reliable and not either riddled with questionmarks or unreliability...you draft them.  Then you wait a year or two for them to really find their footing.  A guy like Hunter Henry is like buying a lottery ticket.  Sure you might hit the jackpot...but probably not, and more likely you've just burned a bunch of cap space on more or less nothing for most of the year.

I'm not sure an "elite" TE is even really necessary if Minshew ends up being our guy going forward.  Need a solid and reliable guy or two, but he's not Foles who just loves that bigtime TE threat.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean sure, if you can sign him up to a no commitment deal and just let him prove he can be a healthy and reliable "elite TE"...why not?  But that's not going to be the case.  There are going to be a bunch of other teams convinced that they can rebuild him, that he can be healthier and more reliable for their team...and they're gonna pay him accordingly.

If you really want an "elite" TE that is truly reliable and not either riddled with questionmarks or unreliability...you draft them.  Then you wait a year or two for them to really find their footing.  A guy like Hunter Henry is like buying a lottery ticket.  Sure you might hit the jackpot...but probably not, and more likely you've just burned a bunch of cap space on more or less nothing for most of the year.

I'm not sure an "elite" TE is even really necessary if Minshew ends up being our guy going forward.  Need a solid and reliable guy or two, but he's not Foles who just loves that bigtime TE threat.

This, 1000 times this. Seems like most everyone when talking about an injury-prone player thinks they will sign a 1 year, nothing prove-it deal as if there is only 1 team interested in a high risk but high reward talent. There will be several that see the upside and will bid on that as well. Am I saying I don't want him at all? Of course not, he is very talented but the contract I'd be willing to offer and what others will won't be the same

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 6:28 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This, 1000 times this. Seems like most everyone when talking about an injury-prone player thinks they will sign a 1 year, nothing prove-it deal as if there is only 1 team interested in a high risk but high reward talent. There will be several that see the upside and will bid on that as well. Am I saying I don't want him at all? Of course not, he is very talented but the contract I'd be willing to offer and what others will won't be the same

alot of the time theres not much of a market for guys who miss games repeatedly. just look at the TE for the bengals in Eifert. in the prime of his career having to settle for a 1 year 4 million .

Tyler Eifert signed a 1 year, $4,000,000 contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, including a $1,200,000 signing bonus, $1,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,000,000. In 2019, Eifert will earn a base salary of $1,000,000, a signing bonus of $1,200,000, a roster bonus of $325,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,025,000 and a dead cap value of $1,700,000.  he also has this Per Game 46-Man Active Bonus: $81,250 ($1.3M, 4 LTBE)

so is it completely unreasonable to think we could land a guy who injury-prone with high upside with a prove it deal 100 absolutely not. 

16 CeeDee Lamb, WR  Oklahoma Starting number 1 WR

20 Shaun Wade, CB Ohio State future star cb. at worst is an elite slot cb

48 Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue hes even engram like weapon at te

80 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia Starting G

112 Leki Fotu, IDL Utah dareus replacement

147 Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech LB depth

175 Patrick Taylor Jr., RB Memphis RB depth. has unique size and is a bit of a weapon as a pass catcher so hes not just a Big hammer rb even thio hes built like 1. hes also a TD machine with his limited touches prior to this year and while hes not playing much this year due to an ankle injury id gamble on it. 

186 Damar Hamlin, S Pittsburgh Safety depth

207 McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas highly productive and athletic 3tech prospect. 

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

alot of the time theres not much of a market for guys who miss games repeatedly. just look at the TE for the bengals in Eifert. in the prime of his career having to settle for a 1 year 4 million .

so is it completely unreasonable to think we could land a guy who injury-prone with high upside with a prove it deal 100 absolutely not. 

Sure if you want to pick someone that is 5 years older than Henry sure

Eifert missed more games than he played from 2016-2018, that's why he didn't get paid. Henry is still young enough and with enough potential that hasn't been ruined by injuries to be someone but someone will overpay and certainly get him for more than 1 year for 4M

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sure if you want to pick someone that is 5 years older than Henry sure

Eifert missed more games than he played from 2016-2018, that's why he didn't get paid. Henry is still young enough and with enough potential that hasn't been ruined by injuries to be someone but someone will overpay and certainly get him for more than 1 year for 4M

yes but even a 1 year say 7 million isnt bad.  hes still fairly fragile. 

Henry missed 23 regular season games out of 56.  hes at 41%  

Eifert missed 53 regular season games out of 104.  thats 51% 

Reed missed 39 regular season games out of 104.  hes at 37.5%.   hes also considered very fragile. 

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

yes but even a 1 year say 7 million isnt bad.  hes still fairly fragile. 

Henry missed 23 regular season games out of 56.  hes at 41%  

Eifert missed 53 regular season games out of 104.  thats 51% 

Reed missed 39 regular season games out of 104.  hes at 37.5%.   hes also considered very fragile. 

1. Where are you getting 56 and 104 from? In theory it would be out of a # divisible by 16 no?

2. You're giving Eifert credit for time earned before Henry was even in the league so really Eifert missed 34 out of 48 from the same time that Henry missed 19

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Where are you getting 56 and 104 from? In theory it would be out of a # divisible by 16 no?

2. You're giving Eifert credit for time earned before Henry was even in the league so really Eifert missed 34 out of 48 from the same time that Henry missed 19

56 and 104 is the games potentially played up to this week as both teams have played 8 games this Year.

Eiferts allowed to count all the games hes played as henry has played in his entire career. 

13 Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama with 2 corners already off the board we nab Diggs to replace ramsey. 

20 Derrick Brown, IDL Auburn Dareus Replacement. 

45 Bryce Hall, CB Virginia a top CB who had a knee injury. im taking that gamble.  

77 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan should be a good wr for us. 

109 Jabari Zuniga, EDGE Florida. kinda bpa here but we need to replace McCray sooner then later.

147 Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State WR depth.  hes been pretty good this year without neal 

172 Yasir Durant, IOL Missouri big Guard(hes 6 foot 7) who has played some tackle before(some question his arm length) but we need to start getting OL depth/jars on on shelfs. 

187 Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville OL depth

204 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan big and athletic guard and when i say big he reportedly checks in a whopping 350ish

On 31/10/2019 at 7:49 AM, sammymvpknight said:

Zach Ertz. I just don't see how the Eagles can continue to ride with both Ertz and Goedert. I'd keep Goedert and trade Ertz. He'd be an excellent get for the Jags.

It wouldn't be the worst thing for the Jaguars to pursue in the offseason.  Especially considering the familiarity there, assuming the Jaguars eventually do end up going back to Foles by then.  But even if they don't...it'd be a market worth exploring in the Eagles decide that's a pressure point that needs to give, and Howie seems very willing to make those kind of proactive moves.  Ertz cap hit basically doubling for the next couple years isn't great...but with Jalen gone, the Jaguars should have room to make that kind of move, and there are always ways of restructuring and manipulating cap numbers around that anyway.