187 Joshua Uche, EDGE pass rush depth

200 Damar Hamlin, S safety depth

Picks

9 Derrick Brown, IDL starting nt

20 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE base end to spell/replace Campbell

41 Shaun Wade, CB starting cb/nb

73 Tyler Johnson, WR potential starting wr

105 Josh Jones, OT potential lt. Needs some technique work

147 Matthew Peart, OT good length and mobility. Needs improve strength. 

168 Joshua Uche, EDGE rotational pass rush with good bend. 

187 Antoine Brooks Jr., LB/S. He technically a safety but plays like a lb. Im thinking hes a wlb and ster

200 Damar Hamlin, S safety competion.

On 28/11/2019 at 10:05 AM, .Buzz said:

I disagree on full rebuild. There's plenty of talent on this team. Coaching/scheme and not having enough depth/talent at a few spots is the issue, but I don't think we're far away with the right hires.

I'm not doing another stupid "clear the decks" rebuild thing.  It's just not a strategy that works.  You can turn teams around way faster with a lot of actually good FA talent brought in.  The only good season this group had, was the year they actually hit on a couple good FAs and it made a major impact on the team.  

The biggest thing, is to find a QB.  Not just a guy.  A franchise QB.  That's where unless Minshew does something insane in the rest of the season, i'm all aboard the QB draft train.  I really hope there's some way they can turn that Rams 2nd into Jacob Eason tbh.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not doing another stupid "clear the decks" rebuild thing.  It's just not a strategy that works.  You can turn teams around way faster with a lot of actually good FA talent brought in.  The only good season this group had, was the year they actually hit on a couple good FAs and it made a major impact on the team.  

The biggest thing, is to find a QB.  Not just a guy.  A franchise QB.  That's where unless Minshew does something insane in the rest of the season, i'm all aboard the QB draft train.  I really hope there's some way they can turn that Rams 2nd into Jacob Eason tbh.

i rather let minshew get a full year and depending how be does go for lawrence/fields

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Who says no to this

8 Derrick Brown IDL

20 Jedrick Wills OT

40 Brycen Hopkins TE

72 Netane Muti IOL

104 Donovan Peoples-Jones WR

147 Chazz Surratt LB

167 Joshua Uche EDGE

191 Levonta Taylor CB

199 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR

Perfect draft imo

On 02/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, LinderFournette said:

i rather let minshew get a full year and depending how be does go for lawrence/fields

I mean sure, but if that's what we're "going for", it means 2020 has to be an absolutely tragic unwatchable season...again.  Like one of, if the absolute worst team in the league.  I just can't deal with another season of that.  It's been all but one season of that for like a decade straight.  I've had enough of taking mediocre or worse QBs and "just give them another year".  

More realistically, another year of Minshew is just good enough to win a few games to take you out of the running for those "top QBs" in the 2021 draft.  But also enough to realize Minshew just isn't going to be the answer.  Probably just lands you in some sort of continued QB purgatory where you keep a guy around because he's just good enough and shows just enough flashes to lull you into keeping them, and fear trying to replace them.

Realistically...another year of Minshew is probably where we're headed.  With a new management group coming in, they're probably going to be risk averse and not want to burn their "QB pick" right off the bat.  Foles is pretty much stuck here due to contract constraints, and while i don't believe Minshew is "the answer", it'd be stupid to toss away that kind of found money.  He's exactly what you want in a backup, and even a "spot starter" or "stopgap starter" in the meantime.  So short of getting into a whole potentially messy "3 QBs scenario" where you draft a guy and he sits there getting limited 3rd rate reps behind a starter Minshew and a Big Dollar Nick backup...it's probably just going to be another year of the same at QB.

Just sucks, because they're going to need to make unrealistically large improvements in pretty much every other area of the team on a tight budget...or we're sitting here in more or less the same place this time next year.  Any glimmer of playoff hopes dashed before the mid-point of the season.  A bad team that loses a lot more than it wins.  And not even having that glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel with a new potential franchise QB to try out.  Bleak.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean sure, but if that's what we're "going for", it means 2020 has to be an absolutely tragic unwatchable season...again.  Like one of, if the absolute worst team in the league.  I just can't deal with another season of that.  It's been all but one season of that for like a decade straight.  I've had enough of taking mediocre or worse QBs and "just give them another year".  

More realistically, another year of Minshew is just good enough to win a few games to take you out of the running for those "top QBs" in the 2021 draft.  But also enough to realize Minshew just isn't going to be the answer.  Probably just lands you in some sort of continued QB purgatory where you keep a guy around because he's just good enough and shows just enough flashes to lull you into keeping them, and fear trying to replace them.

Realistically...another year of Minshew is probably where we're headed.  With a new management group coming in, they're probably going to be risk averse and not want to burn their "QB pick" right off the bat.  Foles is pretty much stuck here due to contract constraints, and while i don't believe Minshew is "the answer", it'd be stupid to toss away that kind of found money.  He's exactly what you want in a backup, and even a "spot starter" or "stopgap starter" in the meantime.  So short of getting into a whole potentially messy "3 QBs scenario" where you draft a guy and he sits there getting limited 3rd rate reps behind a starter Minshew and a Big Dollar Nick backup...it's probably just going to be another year of the same at QB.

Just sucks, because they're going to need to make unrealistically large improvements in pretty much every other area of the team on a tight budget...or we're sitting here in more or less the same place this time next year.  Any glimmer of playoff hopes dashed before the mid-point of the season.  A bad team that loses a lot more than it wins.  And not even having that glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel with a new potential franchise QB to try out.  Bleak.

Can’t say I disagree with anything written here.

19 hours ago, Tugboat said:

unless this team revamps its Run defense, and OL play along with some skill additions(TE, WR) along with a potential corner for competion for Herdon its gonna be a process. 

this team needs a Full rebuild not a half-*** attempt of 1 like the giants did. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

unless this team revamps its Run defense, and OL play along with some skill additions(TE, WR) along with a potential corner for competion for Herdon its gonna be a process. 

this team needs a Full rebuild not a half-*** attempt of 1 like the giants did. 

This team has already done a bunch of "full rebuilds" and they've all ended up ****ty.

This team needs to realize that a "clear the decks" rebuild doesn't work in today's cap environment either.  You need to clear dead weight, develop young talent, and bring in quality supporting FAs and trade targets...all at the same time, to capitalize on the sort of narrow window teams now have on a QBs entry level contract.  You have to work in 4-5 year timeframes.  That doesn't leave much room to spend a couple years dithering around being absolutely terrible.

7 Andrew Thomas, OT starting left tackle. 

20 Javon Kinlaw, IDL dareus replacement. Could be a campbell replacement as well.  Can 2 gap and 1 gap and should shore up our run d. He is similiar to leonard Williams.

39 Brycen Hopkins, TE athletic pass catching te

71 Jeff Gladney, CB cb competition for Herndon.  Cb depth isnt bad

103 Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL potential center of future

147 Paddy Fisher, LB big mike lb(6 foot 4 240)

166 Chase Claypool, WR big bodied wr who has a lil different skill set then our other wrs

187 Reggie Floyd, S safety depth/competition

198 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB rb depth.  Ceh has 3 down ability and is a proven pass catcher