1. 1. Who will it be?

• Bears
    • Packers
    • Davis Webb
    • Kai Nacua
    • Jeremiah Farmer
    • Hornby

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wasn’t @Bonanza23 one?  Not sure if he wanted him overmatching Myles, but he was a fan.

I liked Mahomes the best of the bunch. My mistake was thinking he was just the shiniest turd in the pile. (Didn’t like any of them at 1 or 12).

Oh well...

I liked Trubisky... as like a late first round pick. But yeah, I wasn't crazy about any of the QBs that year. I thought there were a few solid prospects but no great ones.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fify.

He looked like a decent player at a minimum.  Justin Tuck or the like.  Decent base end, can kick inside on passing downs.  Smart, strong, etc.  

Dunno what the hell happened there.  @Forge, care to ‘splain?

tenor.gif?itemid=9281985

Basically, he can't pass rush from the end and we have refused to put him on the interior where he is a much more effective. He's a strong run defender on base downs from the end, but has nothing in the pass rush game there.. Has no leverage against longer tackles, no speed to get around them. Much more effective on the interior against guards and rushing from a 3T position. The problem is that we have Deforest Buckner (also Armstead) who play the 3T spot and we have needed someone to play end. We are hopeful that the wide 9 will put him on the interior more and get the best from him in the pass rushing regard (particularly with Bosa and Ford on the ends)

Really bad misfire by people on Thomas (including myself) because I think that most people thought he could be a good 4-3 end as a pass rusher, and he can't. Also, he struggled last year on a personal level and mentally with the death of his sister by all reports. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wasn’t @Bonanza23 one?  Not sure if he wanted him overmatching Myles, but he was a fan.

I liked Mahomes the best of the bunch. My mistake was thinking he was just the shiniest turd in the pile. (Didn’t like any of them at 1 or 12).

Oh well...

Yeah I liked Trubisky coming out.  I wanted Garrett at one, but would have been ok taking Trubisky at one because that would have been the only way we’d get him. I was sure he’d go top 5. What I wanted to do at the time was take Garrett one, and move up for Trubisky IF he fell which I was positive wasn’t happening. So then the next choice was I REALLY wanted to move up for Mahomes. That didn’t happen so I would have been ok taking Watson at 12. 

I was higher on the qbs coming out that year than most. Got in many arguments with people that it was a better year for qbs than most thought. So far it does look like I was wrong about Trubisky though. It’s still a bit early. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9281985

Basically, he can't pass rush from the end and we have refused to put him on the interior where he is a much more effective. He's a strong run defender on base downs from the end, but has nothing in the pass rush game there.. Has no leverage against longer tackles, no speed to get around them. Much more effective on the interior against guards and rushing from a 3T position. The problem is that we have Deforest Buckner (also Armstead) who play the 3T spot and we have needed someone to play end. We are hopeful that the wide 9 will put him on the interior more and get the best from him in the pass rushing regard (particularly with Bosa and Ford on the ends)

Really bad misfire by people on Thomas (including myself) because I think that most people thought he could be a good 4-3 end as a pass rusher, and he can't. Also, he struggled last year on a personal level and mentally with the death of his sister by all reports. 

Sounds like Emmanuel Ogbah.  We can empathize.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Remember when Hue was actually debating drafting him over Myles Garrett #1? dodged a bullet there lol 

Hue was such a horrific talent evaluator. Especially at QB. Never met a dud he didn't love or a stud he didn't have a problem with.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Hue was such a horrific talent evaluator. Especially at QB. Never met a dud he didn't love or a stud he didn't have a problem with.

His views change after the fact, if you ask him today he would have been right on every QB. Kessler, Kizer, etc... he gave us hope they would succeed. Of course with Mayfield he wasn't ready to compete but I'm sure him waiting until week 3 is the only reason Mayfield had any success. He didn't complete a single pass with the 1st team in camp/preseason last year after all.