Packers-Bears Week 1 Game Day Thread

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Agree.  We made an attempt to WIN the game.  13 years of MM playing 'not to lose' is enough for me.  Ballsy call, I liked it.  If we had executed it correctly we be singing MLF's praises.  Play to WIN the game.

I have a different view of that play.  Go re-watch it.  Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I think it was a called run.  Rodgers did his own thing and obviously MVS was not on the same page as him.

MLF didn't call that pass, Rodgers did.  For better or worse.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think it was a called run.  Rodgers did his own thing and obviously MVS was not on the same page as him.

I will.  Don't care who called it, I still liked it. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Besides the obvious of time and timeout management, the Bears were baiting that throw by pretending to be off and then closing at the snap. That was high risk for pick six.

If it is true that Aaron called that or did one of his super secret look looks at the line with a wink to his receiver--he really has to reign in his ego. 

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

Besides the obvious of time and timeout management, the Bears were baiting that throw by pretending to be off and then closing at the snap. That was high risk for pick six.

If it is true that Aaron called that or did one of his super secret look looks at the line with a wink to his receiver--he really has to reign in his ego. 

Fuller is one sneaky SOB.  

tenor.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The Smith's are some big, scary looking guys.  They looked huge compared to Clay.  Longer arms, thicker legs...etc.

Much love for Clay, but these guys make our defense bigger and I think...tougher.

And dang, did I love the play on third down where Clark held up a ballcarrier in the backfield for Amos to clean his clock.  Haven't seen aggression like that from a Packer defense in like forever.

Fritz Shurmur era, is the closest thing this defense reminds me of. It is aggressive and calculating. Compared to the Bears defense is mindlessly aggressive.

Not the Capers era of bend but don't break or the Capers era of its missing a few pieces and if it breaks we will use masking tape. or the Donatell era of 4th and some ungodly distance and finds a way to lose. Or the rather forgettable era of Bob Col. Sanders.