Rams extend TE Tyler Higbee (4 years, $31M, $15 guarenteed)

Forge

35 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

First reactions are omg overpay. As with all contracts let’s wait until the details come out.

Yes. The 15 Mil guaranteed was initially known. It’s a great team friendly deal. Not

to mention that the over pay was thrown with Woods. And we know how that turned out. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm a Bengals fan, so I'm not trying to throw stones.  I expect A LOT of comments when Joe Mixon gets his extension, but I'm glad he's gotten a second chance and 'seems' to be making the most of it.  I hope for Higbee it's the same but man is he lucky there's not video like there was for Mixon...

100% but the guy he beat up wasn’t exactly a law abiding citizen either. 

https://www.bgdailynews.com/news/police-alleged-victim-in-higbee-altercation-remains-hospitalized/article_d19f2e48-fff4-11e5-bf2b-6b722e2f95e0.html

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I likr that Walter has strong opinions. It's a nice difference from a lot of what's out there, because a lot of those out there don't. I just with her had as much knowledge as he thinks he does

Have you never turned on ESPN, FS1, etc...? They all have overreactions to get views. It's grown and tired.

Just now, LARams91 said:

Have you never turned on ESPN, FS1, etc...? They all have overreactions to get views. It's grown and tired.

I don't think they have strong opinions. I think they have microwaved hot takes that lacks a real foundation. I think Walter actually believes what he is saying. 

3 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

Joke and clown are the same thing in slang, I don't know what to tell you dude. Please stop

Please tell me where I said he wasn't a joke. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

I said I appreciated that he had strong opinions and and specifically stated that I wished he knew more about football. 

Don't know what to tell you dude. Maybe stop putting words in people's mouths. I was offering another take about something to appreciate regarding walter, I was not arguing with you at all. 

22 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

The money cited includes his $2 million he's signed for this year. Five years $31 million a 4 year $29 million extension.

I havent seen this yet, but if thats true its changes it a bit. I think it will fall somewhere between this and the agent speak of 4/$31 anf $15m guaranteed

If we guaranteed this years $2m, that leaves $13m over the next 4, some of witch will likely be Signing Bonus and paid out this year, that probably leaves the 2020 salary and a roster bonus for 2021 guaranteed, which we would want him for anyway, and likely never sees any of the big money in years 3/4 of the extension.

My Guess on the actual breakdown: New 5 year deal, total of $33m (plus $5m in possible incentives) with $15m guaranteed - $6m of which is Signing Bonus

• Y1 - $2m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)
  • Y2 - $4m base + $1.2 SB (5.2 Cap)
  • Y3 - $5m base + $1.2 SB (6.2 Cap) $3m of winch is a guaranteed Roster bonus, Cap hit keeps him on the team
  • Y4 - $7m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)
  • Y5 - $9m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)

So in reality its probably closer to new 3 year deal for $17m swallowing up his current year. Gotta love Agent math