Rams extend TE Tyler Higbee (4 years, $31M, $15 guarenteed)

Forge

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Seems like a lot of money for a blocking TE with okay receiving skills. 

He has a very good catch rate, both our TE are just used little in the passing game. But with the 3 WR we have and a back like Gurley there are only so many targets to go around. Perhaps we see more of the TE this year and less of Gurley in the passing game. 

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

He has a very good catch rate, both our TE are just used little in the passing game. But with the 3 WR we have and a back like Gurley there are only so many targets to go around. Perhaps we see more of the TE this year and less of Gurley in the passing game. 

Is Gurley good to go for the season? Thought I read somewhere there may be some doubts.

Just now, D82 said:

Is Gurley good to go for the season? Thought I read somewhere there may be some doubts.

McVay is talking that he won't be on a snap count or anything. But we'll see how it goes. Personally with Brown and Henderson I could see them taking some carries and catches away. They've got to want to keep him fresh for the long haul, we relied very heavily on him the last 2 years it's time to spread it around to keep him going. 

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Walter hates the Rams almost as much as Mike Florio and Chris Simms do. Kay Adams is close behind them. 

He seems to hate most teams.  That's part of his shtick.

I think he's dead right about this Higbee signing though. Probably says more about Gerald Everett than it does Higbee himself but it seems like a pretty large overpayment.

52 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

He's not bad. Walter is just a joke

I likr that Walter has strong opinions. It's a nice difference from a lot of what's out there, because a lot of those out there don't. I just with her had as much knowledge as he thinks he does

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

And since being drafted he’s had no problems at all and been good in the locker room and community.

Agreed. But it is what it is. Can’t defend him but I think everyone deserves a second chance and he’s done wonders with it. People do mature. 

As for the contract I don’t love it. It’s a lot of money for a middle tier TE. He’s not even our best TE.. But it is 15 Mil guaranteed and could be cut after year 2-3.. We’ll have a lot of cap space in 2020 and with Brockers, Talib and Whitworth ££££££ off the books we should be stellar.. I really like Gerald Everret moving forward. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Agreed. But it is what it is. Can’t defend him but I think everyone deserves a second chance and he’s done wonders with it. People do mature. 

As for the contract I don’t love it. It’s a lot of money for a middle tier TE. He’s not even our best TE.. But it is 15 Mil guaranteed and could be cut after year 2-3.. We’ll have a lot of cap space in 2020 and with Brockers, Talib and Whitworth ££££££ off the books we should be stellar.. I really like Gerald Everret moving forward. 

First reactions are omg overpay. As with all contracts let’s wait until the details come out.

48 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I'm a Bengals fan, so I'm not trying to throw stones.  I expect A LOT of comments when Joe Mixon gets his extension, but I'm glad he's gotten a second chance and 'seems' to be making the most of it.  I hope for Higbee it's the same but man is he lucky there's not video like there was for Mixon...