Jump to content

Peterson a possible Inactive


LoganF89

Recommended Posts

So reports say if we only dress 3 it could be Guice, Thompson, and Smallwood. They like Smallwood bc if special teams.

Jay already stated that the offense runs through Guice and that there were also reports that jay didn’t want to resign Peterson. 

Peterson didn’t take it easy when he didn’t get the touches in New Orleans. Resigning him was insurance for Guice if he wasn’t healthy.

my question is is there any team in the league who needs a starting RB, old yes, but one that can still produce? I’m thinking the Texans but they litterally have traded a ton of draft capital this year

what do you think you could get for him? Maybe a 5th? Would you do it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So reports say if we only dress 3 it could be Guice, Thompson, and Smallwood. They like Smallwood bc if special teams.

Jay already stated that the offense runs through Guice and that there were also reports that jay didn’t want to resign Peterson. 

Peterson didn’t take it easy when he didn’t get the touches in New Orleans. Resigning him was insurance for Guice if he wasn’t healthy.

my question is is there any team in the league who needs a starting RB, old yes, but one that can still produce? I’m thinking the Texans but they litterally have traded a ton of draft capital this year

what do you think you could get for him? Maybe a 5th? Would you do it?

Texans picked up Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson. I honestly can't think of a team that would trade for Peterson and I don't think we should trade him either. Guice has to prove he can stay healthy and CT has gotten injured every year except 2016 in the NFL and battled injuries in college too.

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Guice has taken like 4 snaps in his NFL career and Gruden decided he wanted to dump Peterson to keep Docston....and people wonder why Gruden needs to go 

Maybe he realized a 26 year old WR was more valuable to a rebuilding team than a 34 year old RB.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Maybe he realized a 26 year old WR was more valuable to a rebuilding team than a 34 year old RB.

Not with the production Doctson has given so far. Peterson was the MVP of this team last year, you dont throw that away for Doctson. Guice shouldn't even be starting over Peterson just yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not with the production Doctson has given so far. Peterson was the MVP of this team last year, you dont throw that away for Doctson. Guice shouldn't even be starting over Peterson just yet. 

We had a first round pick invested in Doctson.  You don’t throw that away for a 34 year old RB.  We have nothing invested in Peterson.  We didn’t draft him, no one will ever remember his time as a Redskin.  By the time we are relevant and competitive Peterson will have retired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We had a first round pick invested in Doctson.  You don’t throw that away for a 34 year old RB.  We have nothing invested in Peterson.  We didn’t draft him, no one will ever remember his time as a Redskin.  By the time we are relevant and competitive Peterson will have retired.

So Doctson is this irreplaceable WR now. Come on Man! Doctson didn't live up to the hype. Blame him, the QBs, Coaches, or whoever but the truth is his numbers didn't fit a 1st round pick.

I agree to disagree if you think differently. 

Edited by Skins212689
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So Doctson is this irreplaceable WR now. Come on Man! Doctson didn't live up to the hype. Blame him, the QBs, Coaches, or whoever but the truth is his numbers didn't fit a 1st round pick.

I agree to disagree if you think differently. 

I never said he was irreplaceable.  I said he was worth keeping around over a 34 year old RB considering we aren't competing for a Super Bowl this year, and because we didn't draft that RB and don't owe any loyalty to him.  

Edited by MKnight82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I never said he was irreplaceable.  I said he was worth keeping around over a 34 year old RB considering we aren't competing for a Super Bowl this year, and because we didn't draft that RB and don't owe any loyalty to him.  

Not when that RB is a HOF RB and is still one of the best in the game compared to Doctson who couldn't even separate himself from PRich or the other no name WRs on this team. I don't give a damn about his age. 

So I guess you would trade Brady for a Trubisky huh because of their age difference?

Edited by Skins212689
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...