Week 1 non-Viking games

vike daddy

51 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Oh God very much so.

I was in Texas for the 2 years the Vikes were at TCF Bank so my dad found someone to buy my half of our season tickets.

I went to ONE game when visiting home and went to the Vikings/Packers game Monday night game. I think it was 31 degrees at kickoff and low 20's by the end.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Indoors all the way. I don't have to prove how tough I am by wearing a t-shirt and being miserable for 4 hours.

Other than the Blair Walsh kick, the playoff game at TCF bank stadium was pretty epic

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not concerned, especially once they play a team that actually wants to run the ball...oh wait, that's next week.  xD

May wanna revisit how successful y’all were running the ball against the Packers last season... spoiler alert- it was no better than the Bears attempts last night

6 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

May wanna revisit how successful y’all were running the ball against the Packers last season... spoiler alert- it was no better than the Bears attempts last night

Different year, sir...with a different offensive coordinator.  You may want to revisit that fact as well, considering the previous OC had no interest in running the ball and I did emphasize that point of "interest" in my original comment..

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Different year, sir...with a different offensive coordinator.  You may want to revisit that fact as well, considering the previous OC had no interest in running the ball.

Week 12

latavius Murray - 11 carries for 33 yards

dalvin cook - 10 carries for 29 yards

the desire to run was there, don’t get that twisted

Trubisky isn't a top 20 QB in the league, Chicago's WR's are middling (at best), and Green Bay fans are acting like their defense is the '85 Bears. 

Many Green Bay fans claim Rodgers is the best QB of all time. He managed 10 points.

Green Bay's O-Line looked like cheese...Swiss Cheese. 

I'm not worried. 

46 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Week 12

latavius Murray - 11 carries for 33 yards

dalvin cook - 10 carries for 29 yards

the desire to run was there, don’t get that twisted

21 carries is nowhere near "the desire to run."  Obviously, you've been blinded by Rodgers/McCarthy era where they really had no interest to run either (but then again, they had no quality RBs in the first place).  You've got to tack on about 10-15 more carries to show a real "desire to run."  You gotta look at 2017 for the greater interest in running the ball, where in the 2 games vs. the Packers, they had 32 and 33 carries.

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Trubisky isn't a top 20 QB in the league, Chicago's WR's are middling (at best), and Green Bay fans are acting like their defense is the '85 Bears. 

Many Green Bay fans claim Rodgers is the best QB of all time. He managed 10 points.

I'm not worried. 

I dont think anyone is acting like we are the 85 bears.. We just had the best defensive performance we have seen from the Packers since 2010, in week 1. We have been shredded by worst supporting casts continuously over the last decade. I think everyone in Packerland is optimistic about how good this defense can be. No one is saying its some historic unit.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

21 carries is nowhere near "the desire to run."  Obviously, you've been blinded by Rodgers/McCarthy era where they really had no interest to run either (but then again, they had no quality RBs in the first place).  You've got to tack on about 10-15 more carries to show a real "desire to run."  You gotta look at 2017 for the greater interest in running the ball, where in the 2 games vs. the Packers, they had 32 and 33 carries.

32-33 carries per game would put you right at the top of the league in carries per game. Honest question, do you see Dalvin Cook and the rest of the RB depth as the most crucial part of your offenses success? Do you think Minnesota is built to win leading the league in rushing attempts?

13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

32-33 carries per game would put you right at the top of the league in carries per game. Honest question, do you see Dalvin Cook and the rest of the RB depth as the most crucial part of your offenses success? Do you think Minnesota is built to win leading the league in rushing attempts?

Absolutely.  The most successful years we've had is yes, leading somewhere near the top of rushing attempts.  In the Zimmer years, their  2 playoff years, they were #2  and #4 in rushing attempts (2017 and 2015, respectively).  The other 3 non-playoff years (2014, 2016, 2018)...18th, 25th and 27th.  If they run the ball, they win.  It's that simple.  You may not be able to say that about many teams, but the Vikings, you can.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Absolutely.  The most successful years we've had is yes, leading somewhere near the top of rushing attempts.  In the Zimmer years, their  2 playoff years, they were #2  and #4 in rushing attempts (2017 and 2015, respectively).  The other 3 non-playoff years (2014, 2016, 2018)...18th, 25th and 27th.  If they run the ball, they win.  It's that simple.  You may not be able to say that about many teams, but the Vikings, you can.

I'd be curious to see what the stats are on that for other teams in terms of playoff teams and where they rank with rush attempts, and also what % of players good teams rush, and probably how many offensive plays total a team has. Because, it could be that simply with a better offense, you score more, run more total plays, and with a lead it means that you rush the ball more.

I think last night's game 100% had more to do with the state of the Bears than the state of the Packers.

I don't think I learned much new about the Packers defense, because the Bears offense is so bad.
I don't think I learned much new about the Packers offense, because the Bears defense is so good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm not worried. 

That's not true.  And you know it.  Tru is a miserable QB.  I've said that since the beginning, and I remain with that opinion.  But Chicago has some decent (but not great) weapons.  But I don't think anyone is acting like the Packers' is the '85 Bears.  But it's a notable improvement over previous years.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's not true.  And you know it.  Tru is a miserable QB.  I've said that since the beginning, and I remain with that opinion.  But Chicago has some decent (but not great) weapons.  But I don't think anyone is acting like the Packers' is the '85 Bears.  But it's a notable improvement over previous years.

I think a notable improvement is about what you can ask for.  It's about the same as what we expect from our offense. :D

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Read the posts here and on your forum.