Week 1 non-Viking games

vike daddy

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

May wanna revisit how successful y’all were running the ball against the Packers last season... spoiler alert- it was no better than the Bears attempts last night

We should probably frame this post.  It's the first time in a decade that a Cheesehead has come in here threatening us with his team's defense.   xD

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Being optimistic that the Packers have a good defense for the first time in a while doesn't mean they believe it's the '85 Bears.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, CWood21.  You guys had a nice performance last night.  The defense looked very good.  Our offense will give you a bigger test next at Lambeau though - at least I hope so. 

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, CWood21.  You guys had a nice performance last night.  The defense looked very good.  Our offense will give you a bigger test next at Lambeau though - at least I hope so. 

Just be ready because if the Packers have a similar performance on D next week I think every Packer fan will lose their fricken minds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'd be curious to see what the stats are on that for other teams in terms of playoff teams and where they rank with rush attempts, and also what % of players good teams rush, and probably how many offensive plays total a team has. Because, it could be that simply with a better offense, you score more, run more total plays, and with a lead it means that you rush the ball more.

yes...there really isn't any proper correlation between rushing and winning...there are certain stats like if Vikings run the ball more than 30 times, they always win etc etc..but problem with these stats is that they are taken out of context. Usually when a team has a pretty good lead, they end up running the ball more for rest of the game to kill the clock...so in most of the cases, it's not ' running the ball more' that leads to winning football but it's rather the winning football (teams having good leads in first half) that leads to running the ball more.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I hate the new onside kick rules. 

It has completely made the play pointless. There’s no drama with it anymore. 

The NFL wants everyone to feel it is pointless. That will advance the ball towards their goal of eliminating the kickoff by taking away one of the objections to its elimination.

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The NFL wants everyone to feel it is pointless. That will advance the ball towards their goal of eliminating the kickoff by taking away one of the objections to its elimination.

Which advances their ultimate goal of promoting their brand through less negative press due to injuries. (Let's not even pretend they care about player safety.)

• Like 1