Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Did you see the team that just lost to Matt Moore? We’re a few days removed from losing to them by essentially three scores. Stashing QBs when we’re about to be 2-5 is silly.

Doesn't really matter what team just beat us and what they did this week. We're two games back of the division, favored to beat LAC this week and have one of the best defenses in football. The team isn't going to sell out right now.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Doesn't really matter what team just beat us and what they did this week. We're two games back of the division, favored to beat LAC this week and have one of the best defenses in football. The team isn't going to sell out right now.

One of the hardest things to cope with in this situation.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If Tanny went out there and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs. That would make Marcus very expendable. 

Yes and no. I'm not taking about RT stinking it up so bad they go back to Mariota (I mean it is a possibility, but I'm not even trying to think about that right now)... 

I'm taking about him missing 5 weeks with a shoulder last year, the entire 2017 with an acl that originally made him miss 3 games in 2016 as well. That's 24 out of a possible 48 games the past 3 seasons. 

If we win a few, Marcus could very well be called upon to keep things going. 

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I’m looking big picture here. If what you just described happens, then what? Do we re-sign Tannehill since he was the one that got us on track? Would Mariota for sure have figured it out or was it another fluke stretch? Does he deserve a new contract or does Tannehill deserve a new contract? I think Mariota’s time here needs to be done. It was a make or break year and he’s broken.

I mean... It all depends. If Tanny goes on a run, gets the offense rolling and doesn't get hurt, then you try to sign him. I doubt he signs for Brisset money, but something like that. Gives the team a chance to draft someone to "develop" behind him. 

If he gets hurt and Marcus gets going, shows growth and consistency in the 2md half of the season, you try to do the same as above. You maybe even tag him to see if he can sustain that for longer before you decide. 

There's so many ifs... I just haven't given up on the season, and see a plausible scenario where we may need Mariota to take over in meaningful games. 

If after 2 weeks we still haven't gotten anything going, then yeah... Trade him and if RT hits down, who cares who takes over a lost season at that point. 

I'm trying not to give up on the season, but that may be the best case scenario... Gives the team a reason to make big changes... Going after an experienced OC at the very least... And also gives them a higher pick to try to get the qb you want in the draft. 

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

The team isn’t going to sell out right now. The team should sell out. We’re essentially three games out since we’re already 0-2 in the division, we’re also 1-4 in the AFC. The offense is so fundamentally broken that I can’t envision a scenario where we suddenly become a good team. The nightmare is to stumble our way to 7 wins and use that to justify not making changes.

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The team isn’t going to sell out right now. The team should sell out. We’re essentially three games out since we’re already 0-2 in the division, we’re also 1-4 in the division. The offense is so fundamentally broken that I can’t envision a scenario where we suddenly become a good team. The nightmare is to stumble our way to 7 wins and use that to justify not making changes.

The who we lost to matters so much. We are pretty much screwed on tie-breakers and the barring a collapse of the Colts and/or Texans we likely won't catch them. They are too consistent, not so much better than us, just more consistent. 

Hard to see us doing anything better than 8-8. Ceiling being another 9-7 season losing the tiebreakers to either the Bills or whoever is around that 7th or 8th spot. 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I mean... It all depends. If Tanny goes on a run, gets the offense rolling and doesn't get hurt, then you try to sign him. I doubt he signs for Brisset money, but something like that. Gives the team a chance to draft someone to "develop" behind him. 

If he gets hurt and Marcus gets going, shows growth and consistency in the 2md half of the season, you try to do the same as above. You maybe even tag him to see if he can sustain that for longer before you decide. 

There's so many ifs... I just haven't given up on the season, and see a plausible scenario where we may need Mariota to take over in meaningful games. 

If after 2 weeks we still haven't gotten anything going, then yeah... Trade him and if RT hits down, who cares who takes over a lost season at that point. 

I'm trying not to give up on the season, but that may be the best case scenario... Gives the team a reason to make big changes... Going after an experienced OC at the very least... And also gives them a higher pick to try to get the qb you want in the draft. 

Right but both of those scenarios can’t happen. Say Tanny goes on a run, gets the team on track, but then gets hurt and Marcus comes in, shows consistency and growth down on the back stretch and keeps the run going...which one do you keep? Do we really want Marcus to get tagged and go through this again for the 3rd season in a row? I don’t see Robinson doing that. He will likely go out and draft his guy and keep Tannehill as a stop gap.

Either way, if we lose on Sunday the season’s a wrap and we should tank it. If Tannehill goes on a run but goes down then yeah throw Marcus in there to see if he can keep it going. It all rides on this Sunday.

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Right but both of those scenarios can’t happen. Say Tanny goes on a run, gets the team on track, but then gets hurt and Marcus comes in, shows consistency and growth down on the back stretch and keeps the run going...which one do you keep? Do we really want Marcus to get tagged and go through this again for the 3rd season in a row? I don’t see Robinson doing that. He will likely go out and draft his guy and keep Tannehill as a stop gap.

Either way, if we lose on Sunday the season’s a wrap and we should tank it. If Tannehill goes on a run but goes down then yeah throw Marcus in there to see if he can keep it going. It all rides on this Sunday.

I still think Mariota has a higher ceiling and upside. I do think that he won't get to reach that here... We just don't have the offensive scheme or coaching to help him achieve that. 

RT may be the better fit, but who knows what light or fire the benching sparks in Mariota. It could very well be what he needs. I dont agree that everything has to go right for Mariota to be effective, but he does need some things to be working for him to succeed. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case this season. Give him better blocking and/or a quick hit scheme and Im confident we get more of the 1st half vs the Falcons Mariota than we've gotten. But it's moot at this point... And I think he'll fit a Reid or similar style offense better... a reunion with Helfrich being the ideal situation for him. 

Anyway, back to the original post, these are all assumptions with a lot of its. 2-5 and 2-6 is very different from 3-4 and 4-4 though. If that's where we're at, then yes, shop him and see what we can get. If and when RT goes down, it doesn't matter who takes over a 2-6ish team... If we're 4-4,then it would matter to have someone like Mariota who has a chance to keep things rolling at that point.