Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Is this the breaking of Sam Darnold? 

I think this is one of the worst QB outputs I've seen. 

Even worst than Marcus. 

I'm watching just to see how bad it gets. 

There’s not a single game in Marcus’ career that approaches this from Darnold. I don’t think he’s made one decent throw in the last two hours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There’s not a single game in Marcus’ career that approaches this from Darnold. I don’t think he’s made one decent throw in the last two hours.

It's bad. He admitted to seeing ghosts and doesn't know at the least where to go with the ball. 

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Sometimes players just play like absolute garbage. Even Brady and Peyton have a time or two in their careers. It's only a real issue if it becomes something that you see relatively frequently.

Very true. 

I'm looking at the mechanics and tendencies. He is floating back with all the pressure.

Some bad mental things. 

Hopefully it doesn't develop into something bigger for Jets sake.  

Nelson Agholor still being in the NFL is amazing. His alligator arm failure to attempt to catch a deep ball last night would be enough reason for me to cut him this week. He's trash.

When people mention us needing an offensive HC Pederson is often the first one brought up as a success story, but right now they have the same record as us and look just as bad. People constantly troll the good to great comment, but what about them going from great, to good, to bad?

It doesn't matter what side of the ball your HC is from in my book. I don't think that has any bearing on sustained success in the NFL. Success is a previous year means nothing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Nelson Agholor still being in the NFL is amazing. His alligator arm failure to attempt to catch a deep ball last night would be enough reason for me to cut him this week. He's trash.

When people mention us needing an offensive HC Pederson is often the first one brought up as a success story, but right now they have the same record as us and look just as bad. People constantly troll the good to great comment, but what about them going from great, to good, to bad?

It doesn't matter what side of the ball your HC is from in my book. I don't think that has any bearing on sustained success in the NFL. Success is a previous year means nothing.

It's just hard to find a successful coach in the NFL period.

I think going off the top of my head the successful ones right now(established) are(not in any particular order, just naming them as they come to mind):

Belichick - defense

Carroll - defense

Reid - offense

Payton - offense

Zimmer - defense

Harbaugh - special teams lol

Rivera - defense(I'm iffy on including him, but when he has a QB that isn't playing like trash due to injuries they've been pretty good)

Offense gets a couple more if you count Reich and Shanahan, Reich I haven't counted cause I like at least two seasons before I rank/tier someone in the NFL, but he does seem well on his way, and Shanahan I'm unsure on, but his record with having Jimmy G start is great, so maybe he should count. McDermott might also be adding himself to that.

So counting Reich and Shanahan, the count comes out to 4 defense, 4 offense, 1 special teams. Add McDermott and it's 5/4/1.

I'm a complete idiot so I may have left a name or two off the established list, but either way, it's a pretty even split in terms of what seems to be successful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I’m kind of grouping Pederson and McVay together right now. They set the league on fire with play calling and scheme (for instance, winning a SB with Nick Foles), but eventually defenses were going to at least kind of catch up.

With tougher coverages and fewer wide open receivers, the pressure falls more on the quarterbacks than it has previously. I like Wentz more than Goff, but I’ve never thought of either of them as great QBs, so once you stop winning with coaching, it gets a lot tougher.

• Like 1