Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TitanLegend

Other Games/Teams Thread

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m kind of grouping Pederson and McVay together right now. They set the league on fire with play calling and scheme (for instance, winning a SB with Nick Foles), but eventually defenses were going to at least kind of catch up.

With tougher coverages and fewer wide open receivers, the pressure falls more on the quarterbacks than it has previously. I like Wentz more than Goff, but I’ve never thought of either of them as great QBs, so once you stop winning with coaching, it gets a lot tougher.

Their staffs have been raided too. 
I think with Pederson, it's becoming a little more clear that maybe Reich was the brains behind that with the way his offense is working. 
McVay is still McVay but losing staff that are now HCs is a tough toll on a team. Also when Goff wasn't the best start with.

It all falls back on that idea that I keep barking on, media and us fans at times crown these guys too soon. NFL especially now a days is full of flash in the pan talents. They get figured out, they don't grow or just plain can't do it any more (Luck). 

Matt Nagy...12-4 now can't seem to run a functional offense. Yeah he has Mitch, but he ran the ball like what 8 times? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Their staffs have been raided too. 
I think with Pederson, it's becoming a little more clear that maybe Reich was the brains behind that with the way his offense is working. 
McVay is still McVay but losing staff that are now HCs is a tough toll on a team. Also when Goff wasn't the best start with.

It all falls back on that idea that I keep barking on, media and us fans at times crown these guys too soon. NFL especially now a days is full of flash in the pan talents. They get figured out, they don't grow or just plain can't do it any more (Luck). 

Matt Nagy...12-4 now can't seem to run a functional offense. Yeah he has Mitch, but he ran the ball like what 8 times? 

Yeah you guys all pretty much touched on what I was getting at, but the bold is the jist of it and the same happens for young QBs.

Sure offensive coaches have had a couple years of success recently, but just as many, if not more, defensive coaches have stood the test of time.

More than anything, good consistent QB play seems to be tied with teams and sustained success. Whether or not the HC is offensive or defensive doesn't seem to have any bearing on that long term.

Also, and unfortunately for us, finding a good HC and drafting a QB involves a ton of luck. It's usually something teams only allow GMs to do once or twice so it's difficult to evaluate and improve upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SF making Kyle Allen look really bad. Hopefully we can do the same next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

SF making Kyle Allen look really bad. Hopefully we can do the same next week.

Probably not. We'll get a healthy Cam next week then a  healthy Mahomes the following week and be back two games under .500 going into the bye week lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lovetitans said:

Probably not. We'll get a healthy Cam next week then a  healthy Mahomes the following week and be back two games under .500 going into the bye week lol.

I would love to play Cam. 0-9 in his last 9 and he really has never been that good outside of his MVP season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants to see the difference in what real play design and calling can make, just watch the Chiefs effectively move the ball with Matt Moore at QB against a really good defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I would of did this deal. We might as well go all in on adding to the defense to try and take down Houston and Indy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I probably would’ve done that.

I wanted Drake too but the more and more I see how Art Smith can’t figure out how to use Dion Lewis I’m not so sure he would figure out the use of Drake 

Titans do need a 3rd back though a legitimate one who can pass block catch and run because it’s basically only Derrick Henry since they are terrible with the use of Lewis so it would be nice to have a 3rd guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I would take Ken as an OC a million times over Art honestly.

I don’t think I could handle putting Tannehill in Shotgun just for him to call RB draws with Lewis and Dawkins all game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would trade a 3rd and Sims for Penny. Think he could be our future RB and would form a nice tandem w Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×