Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If Mason Rudolph isn’t good, the Steelers just did a lot of damage to their prospects for the foreseeable future.

I like Fitzpatrick, but trading a potential top 10 pick when you could be in a perfect spot to truly get Big Ben's successor is questionable to me.

Also, Mayfield is looking rough again tonight. I think he'll be good but it definitely feels like he got crowned way too soon by many.

Edited by TitanSlim

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I like Fitzpatrick, but trading a potential top 10 pick when you could be in a perfect spot to truly get Big Ben's successor is questionable to me.

Also, Mayfield is looking rough again tonight. I think he'll be good but I definitely feel he got crowned way too soon.

Honestly, they’re a Rudolph injury or flop away from it being a potential top five pick. I like Fitzpatrick, and a contender giving up a first would’ve made a ton of sense. But an 0-2 team that just lost it’s starting QB for the year after losing an elite RB and an elite WR? That’s crazy. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, they’re a Rudolph injury or flop away from it being a potential top five pick. I like Fitzpatrick, and a contender giving up a first would’ve made a ton of sense. But an 0-2 team that just lost it’s starting QB for the year after losing an elite RB and an elite WR? That’s crazy. 

And they weren't looking great with Ben in there anyway. 

Yeah I don't understand the logic behind trading young talent for draft picks, because as Beddingfield says, you're gonna have to use those picks to select players to replace them. If it were aging talent like Reshad Jones or something I could get it, but this is downright stupid.

Dolphins should be punished and fined for tanking.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah I don't understand the logic behind trading young talent for draft picks, because as Beddingfield says, you're gonna have to use those picks to select players to replace them. If it were aging talent like Reshad Jones or something I could get it, but this is downright stupid.

Yup, I don’t like this trade for either team really. The Dolphins are clearly planning on a multi-year tank, which I’ll kind of enjoy watching, but is bad for the game and is brutal for the fans.

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Well they are out of the first round QB talks. Trading for Minkah

I mean, that's potentially good for us.  One less team in front of us in the draft to take a QB, if we end up needing one.

9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Also, Mayfield is looking rough again tonight. I think he'll be good but it definitely feels like he got crowned way too soon by many.

Oh yeah.  Terrible move by the Steelers.  Big Ben is almost certainly done, and if he was thinking of retirement before, it's hard to imagine him coming back.  I didn't like Rudolph as a prospect, and it took him more effort than it should have to outcompete someone they just offloaded for a sixth round pick.

9 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I think the tank not working and getting everyone involved fired will be punishment enough.  For it to work, they not only need to hit on a QB, but on multiple other positions at the top end of the draft.  Do they have any reason to think that their GM is that good?  Because even experienced, quality GMs don't hit 3 out of 3 with their top picks.  And that's what Miami will need to do.

As much as people talk about tanking, doing what you need to do to actually tank in the NFL is probably going to just put you in a worse position than you would be without it.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Patriots released Antonio Brown. He might actually go from one of the three best receivers to unemployed. Without an arrest, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a pro athlete successfully torch their career like this.

Was just coming to post this! Sad how fast he’s spiraling down.. Waste of talent