Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are the future of this league, than I would be a happy camper. Two of the most fun guys I've ever seen play.

Brady and Manning were incredible to watch due to just the precision they worked with. But yeah, I’m not sure I can say they were as much fun to watch as the Chiefs and Ravens offenses have the potential to be.

Whenever I can just sit back and watch good offenses, the thing that always stands out to me is the deception. There’s almost always pre-snap movement and an effort to draw the defenders eyes in multiple directions. It just forces players to think about so much. And then you watch our offense, where a safety can stand still and see all 11 of our players and know exactly where they’re going to be when the ball is snapped.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

so we’re just gonna repeat the “guys don’t get schemed open” line ad nauseam because mularkey didn’t do it and act like it’s still true, i guess

there are plenty of problems with our offense, playcalling, rhythm etc but literally every single game we have multiple examples of guys running open downfield and the QB failing to get them the ball, or the OL not holding up long enough

Just because Marcus is not playing well doesn’t mean that other offensive issues can’t exist. It’s not all salvageable by better QB play, believe it or not.

these issues pre-date Marcus. Like I said before, against Cleveland we successfully ran our first pick play. Pick plays have been the norm for about ten years now. Too tough of a concept to instill in Tennessee? 

• Like 1

Thinking about offensive systems. I think about how things are in college. 

Teams spread it out and all this because it gives teams best chance to win. You don't have to have the most talented offensive line. You can recruit speed. 

You can be Colorado State and score 38 points a game and be in it when your talent says you shouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thinking about offensive systems. I think about how things are in college. 

Teams spread it out and all this because it gives teams best chance to win. You don't have to have the most talented offensive line. You can recruit speed. 

You can be Colorado State and score 38 points a game and be in it when your talent says you shouldn't. 

I envy teams who are able to pick up 6-7 yards underneath without breaking a sweat because they’re able to make easy access throws for the QB thanks to play design 

again, has nothing to do with Mariota, but can’t critique anything else regarding our offense without everyone getting their panties in a bunch. I could come out and say that Jamil douglas sucks and people would say that Mariota isn’t making the snap count clear enough to him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just because Marcus is not playing well doesn’t mean that other offensive issues can’t exist. It’s not all salvageable by better QB play, believe it or not.

these issues pre-date Marcus. Like I said before, against Cleveland we successfully ran our first pick play. Pick plays have been the norm for about ten years now. Too tough of a concept to instill in Tennessee? 

did you even read what i wrote

”there are plenty of problems with our offense.” i listed several. i am well aware that many of them are not attributable to marcus. i’m specifically taking issue with the complaint that we don’t scheme receivers open because it’s demonstrably, obviously false, despite whatever fixation with pick plays that you have. there are plenty of other ways to get guys open and we utilize many of them, just like most teams do. if you want to criticize our personnel usage, formations, situational playcalling, etc be my guest. those things look pretty bad right now. but this idea that we don’t scheme receivers open is entirely false and such a tired trope at this point.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

did you even read what i wrote

”there are plenty of problems with our offense.” i listed several. i am well aware that many of them are not attributable to marcus. i’m specifically taking issue with the complaint that we don’t scheme receivers open because it’s demonstrably, obviously false, despite whatever fixation with pick plays that you have. there are plenty of other ways to get guys open and we utilize many of them, just like most teams do. if you want to criticize our personnel usage, formations, situational playcalling, etc be my guest. those things look pretty bad right now. but this idea that we don’t scheme receivers open is entirely false and such a tired trope at this point.

Scheming guys open =/= guys getting open

delanie was schemed open on his two TDs against Cleveland. hump was on his third down conversion that game. Otherwise, we haven’t prioritized getting guys open in space as our first read. A small handful of times a game pales in comparison to what other teams do. Lamar Jackson is not a great thrower of the football, but look at how open his guys got open today within ten yards of the LOS by the time he gets to the top of his drop. 

32 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Scheming guys open =/= guys getting open

delanie was schemed open on his two TDs against Cleveland. hump was on his third down conversion that game. Otherwise, we haven’t prioritized getting guys open in space as our first read. A small handful of times a game pales in comparison to what other teams do. Lamar Jackson is not a great thrower of the football, but look at how open his guys got open today within ten yards of the LOS by the time he gets to the top of his drop. 

I would disagree with WRs not getting open. I think we've had the most open WRs that I've seen since Mariota has been here. OL just doesn't hold up and Mariota is missing a lot and/or holding on to the ball. I don't really care for the offense, but guys have been getting open.

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Even Panthers put Kyle Allen in a spread type offense. 

It’s been a long time since a young QB has come in and had success in the kind of pure traditional offense that we’ve run for the last four years. It just gives you tougher reads and smaller windows.

• Like 1