Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

In this knee jerk reaction play by play dissection, it's easy to put videos up of WRs running open. But without understanding what the call was, what the coverage was, what the read was... It's useless. 

Add to that how horrendous our line has been... How many unblocked rushers... Or just how quickly opponents beat our guys... It magnifies the misses everyone gets up in arms about. What good does a wide open wr do us when there's multiple guys who've flushed or are all over out qb? 

i feel like i'm writing in a different language today or something. my original post explicitly mentioned the OL not holding up long enough as a major problem.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll say it again. I'm enjoying seeing Baker struggle...

anyone with a clue could've seen this Sophomore Slump coming

for all intents and purposes...it's a new coaching staff, a loser franchise, and coaches have a year of tape on the guy. whole team needed to be brought back down to earth, Baker the Faker included

12 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i feel like i'm writing in a different language today or something. my original post explicitly mentioned the OL not holding up long enough as a major problem.

I read that yesterday and wasn't sure what was going on either, so you're not the only one confused lol. 

29 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Danny Dimes would have scored up the middle.

If you click on the tweet and look at the exact same image, but from the side view, there's no way he scores there unless the defense just doesn't see him start to scramble.

He has 12 yards to run and there's two defenders standing on the goal line.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If you click on the tweet and look at the exact same image, but from the side view, there's no way he scores there unless the defense just doesn't see him start to scramble.

He has 12 yards to run and there's two defenders standing on the goal line.

Also the RE is crashing down hard and forces him right way before he could react to it and step into the pocket.

FWIW, Orlovsky also touched on this. Said it's the job of the coaches to draw up a play or an audible to have him ready to switch to a QB draw when he sees that type of front.

29 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Analyzing play by play, Wentz is horrible. Was too high in 1st pass, went for 0 yards on 2nd attempt, and sailed the 3rd attempt over Ertz.

people post stuff like this in here all the time in comparison to mariota and it will never stop being silly. let me know when marcus has an mvp-caliber season and then i'll be more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt when he has a poor stretch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

people post stuff like this in here all the time in comparison to mariota and it will never stop being silly. let me know when marcus has an mvp-caliber season and then i'll be more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt when he has a poor stretch.

Wentz's 2017 wasn't actually an MVP caliber season, that's just further box score scouting.

It was a good year that was incredibly propped up statistically by many factors, on a similar level as Mariota's 2016.

Wentz is a superior QB to Mariota, but he's not as good as the media would lead you to believe.

That being said, most QBs aren't, so it's not like it's a special case with him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Wentz's 2017 wasn't actually an MVP caliber season, that's just further box score scouting.

It was a good year that was incredibly propped up statistically by many factors, on a similar level as Mariota's 2016.

Wentz is a superior QB to Mariota, but he's not as good as the media would lead you to believe.

That being said, most QBs aren't, so it's not like it's a special case with him.

This is ridiculous. I hate the Eagles, but Wentz is every bit as good as advertised, and so was his 2017 year.