Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Week 1 games are great.  We get to sit and wonder, Is the Bears offense that bad, or do the Packers actually just have a stout defense now?

Although it really looked like the former.

I think the Packers defense is and will be good. Not incredible, but upper half of the league. Trubisky was terrible. And he wasn’t good last year either. You can always tell when the commentators only box score scout, because Trubisky has shown zero growth from his rookie year.

If I was a Bears fan, I’d be pretty concerned. Not for the regular season, since I think they win double-digit games, but for the future. You’re so committed to Trubisky, because you won’t have another early pick for a long time. That defense is incredible to watch, but I have no faith that, even with that defense, Trubisky can make the five or six plays necessary to win a playoff game.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It was also an early reminder that, almost always, when I watch that group of average quarterbacks, I come away thinking Marcus is clearly better. I don’t care what the stats say, I would absolutely not trade Mariota for Trubisky, either this year or moving forward,

Trubisky is absolutely terrible. To me, I don't see a guy that can be morphed into a QB, especially with a lunatic like Nagy calling the shots. Trubisky looked a lot like Bortles last night.

Marcus is 100x the QB Mitch is. He's actually a QB.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Week 1 games are great.  We get to sit and wonder, Is the Bears offense that bad, or do the Packers actually just have a stout defense now?

Although it really looked like the former.

I will add that Rodgers didn't look like Rodgers to me. 

That comment from Marcus about being put in a box rings louder after looking at Rodgers. He never looked comfortable to me and just didn't seem right. 

He did Rodgers things to win them the game but overall he looked off to me. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I will add that Rodgers didn't look like Rodgers to me. 

That comment from Marcus about being put in a box rings louder after looking at Rodgers. He never looked comfortable to me and just didn't seem right. 

He did Rodgers things to win them the game but overall he looked off to me. 

Yeah, neither offense looked particularly impressive, but it's easier to write off the Packers as a fluke game with a new head coach in his first game and potentially the league's best defense on the other side.  Chicago is more worrying for Bears fans IMO.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Patriot or Seahawk IMO but I’d laugh if no team wanted him. That’s what his *** deserves.

I agree this dude is completely insane and needs mental help and I’m noting even joking.

The guy literally went off the deep end last year in Pitt and has never gotten back to solid ground.

I hope he stays unsigned but someone will take a chance on him NE KC or who ever. Hopefully it’s a SB contender so he destroys that team too

31 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I hope he stays unsigned but someone will take a chance on him NE KC or who ever. Hopefully it’s a SB contender so he destroys that team too

Agreed.  Even if teams are afraid of him now, someone will be desperate enough to sign him.  I'd expect the holdups to come from him demanding more than teams are willing to give him more than from a lack of interest.

• Like 1