Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, the colts are starting essentially the guy they planned on being their 3rd string quarterback. if we had to start brian hoyer we'd probably also be struggling that way

I understand and you are right but hey it's the NFL. 

Sure we didn't plan on starting Douglas at OG or having 3 kickers this year. 

Or be without Davis, Walker and Casey throwing to Raymond and Firkser (knowing Art it might have been the plan lol). 

Do what you gotta do. They had chances to win and didn't. Those red zone calls with timeouts were very questionable. 

Loss won't have an asterisk saying w/o Brissett. Lol 

• Like 1

Myles Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. Should have been ejected when they played us as well but called his punch a "push".

If they want to preach player safety they need to come down hard on ripping another players helmet off and then hitting them in the head with it. Anything less than 5 games would be ridiculous and I would make him sit out the rest of the season if I were them. 

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Myles Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. Should have been ejected when they played us as well but called his punch a "push".

If they want to preach player safety they need to come down hard on ripping another players helmet off and then hitting them in the head with it. Anything less than 5 games would be ridiculous and I would make him sit out the rest of the season if I were them. 

Yep, has to be the rest of the season. Pouncey should get two games. Garret is a real PoS for that.

5 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I agree with you but I came out of it feeling zero sympathy for Rudolph too. 

I wouldn't say zero, but not much. It's hard to feel for a guy who is going full bore after someone, get popped, then throws their hands in the air looking for a flag.xD

There is simply no way any other player other than Garrett involved in this resembles the bad guy. When you rip someone's helmet off and then strike it forcefully into the guy's head, you're not only a huge PoS but you very arguably deserve to be out of football for good. 

Garrett looks bad, for sure... You just don't get to the point where you use a helmet as a weapon. 

But Rudolph is also at blame here. Maybe Garrett him him late... But maybe Garrett didn't see that little side throw a second before he hit him. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's possible. Mason being upset about that and trying to twist his head and rip Garrett's helmet off is what escalated this whole thing. Garrett took it up a few notches, but Rudolph isn't blameless. 

And Pouncey too. He took multiple swings and kicks to his head. Retaliating just like Garrett was. Garrett should be gone for the rest of the year (and some of next year too), but Pouncey and Rudolph should get multiple games as well... Id even say 2 for Rudolph and 4 for Pouncey. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Garrett looks bad, for sure... You just don't get to the point where you use a helmet as a weapon. 

But Rudolph is also at blame here. Maybe Garrett him him late... But maybe Garrett didn't see that little side throw a second before he hit him. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's possible. Mason being upset about that and trying to twist his head and rip Garrett's helmet off is what escalated this whole thing. Garrett took it up a few notches, but Rudolph isn't blameless. 

And Pouncey too. He took multiple swings and kicks to his head. Retaliating just like Garrett was. Garrett should be gone for the rest of the year (and some of next year too), but Pouncey and Rudolph should get multiple games as well... Id even say 2 for Rudolph and 4 for Pouncey. 

So I've seen the clip, and it's kind of hard to see what Rudolph's involvement was on my end.  From what I can tell, he gets tackled, they tousle on the ground, and Garret rips his helmet off, two Steelers guys pull Garrett off, and Rudolph gets up to get in Garrett's face, and Garrett hit him with his helmet.

If those are the facts, it's kinda hard for me to find much fault with Rudolph.  Steelers lost to a division rival, stuff gets heated.  I'm sure you all remember players being extra aggressive in tough losses in high school, and it's just kinda something that happens.  Something that would result in maybe an unsportsmanlike penalty, but Garrett did just rip his helmet off.  Garrett IMO should be done for the year, but I didn't see anything else I'd punish on either side, because I don't fault guys for retaliating on crap like that.

But if Rudolph did something else while he was on the ground that I'm not seeing, that could change things.  Are people saying he did something to Garrett first?

Suspending Garrett the "rest of the season" isn't enough for me, as there are only six games left. If this incident happened in Week 2, I bet he'd get more than 6 games.

For me, 10 games sounds right. What he did could've killed Rudolph. 

Myles Garrett is a coward

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Suspending Garrett the "rest of the season" isn't enough for me, as there are only six games left. If this incident happened in Week 2, I bet he'd get more than 6 games.

For me, 10 games sounds right. What he did could've killed Rudolph. 

Myles Garrett is a coward

I brought up 5 games and 11 next season. An actual full regular season of games.

48 minutes ago, Daniel said:

But if Rudolph did something else while he was on the ground that I'm not seeing, that could change things.  Are people saying he did something to Garrett first?

Yeah there’s an angle where Rudolph starts trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet while they’re on the ground. That’s what gave Garrett the idea in the first place. Now I’m sure Rudolph’s intent was not to hit Garrett with it and Garrett deserves any suspension he gets but Rudolph shares blame for the fight starting. 

I feel bad for pouncey. Who wouldn’t lose their mind when they see an opponent hitting their qb with his own helmet?

48 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Yeah there’s an angle where Rudolph starts trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet while they’re on the ground. That’s what gave Garrett the idea in the first place. Now I’m sure Rudolph’s intent was not to hit Garrett with it and Garrett deserves any suspension he gets but Rudolph shares blame for the fight starting. 

I feel bad for pouncey. Who wouldn’t lose their mind when they see an opponent hitting their qb with his own helmet?

Then yeah, Rudolph ought to sit out a game too. Garrett is becoming a Burfict type though and needs a wakeup call.

I don’t blame Pouncey one bit. Retroactively give him a 15 yard penalty.