Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

While we are all excited about the defense and rightfully so.....We haven't even unleashed Keke on these fools yet!

but seriously, would be awesome if our defense can play at a high level while easing Gary and Keke into the rotation to give us possibly a couple more pass rush options around the middle of the year. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

FWIW 

I take PFF ratings with a grain of salt and Z'darius is getting a lot of love for the amount of pressures he had(rightfully so), but just from the eye test;, during the game and my initial thought once it ended was that Preston Smith looked really good and actually outplayed Z even if only by a small margin. 

Edited by Victor1124

18 hours ago, Cheech said:

Every level of the defense is good.  We dont have to hope for 1 or 2 key guys to go out and make a play.  They came from everywhere tonight.

Z Smith might be the FA signing of the year.  My goodness, he does everything well.

I'll give the offense a pass vs. a crazy good Bears D, but I wont give 12 a pass.  Same BS from last year and the year before, only he has a weaker arm now.  The beginning of his decline started 2 years ago.  

Honestly Aaron needs to change his game now to be a very good game manager. Over the last few years, most of the resources have been thrown at the defence and pretty much all of the young talent is on that side of the ball. The identity of the side needs to change and Aaron needs to back this up - its not all about him any more and he doesn't need to be the star. The best chance we have of winning it all is if the defence dominates and the offence just does what it needs to do and doesn't mess things up.

Best example was near the end when he took a sack (over-ruled by a penalty) which would have put us out of field goal range. You can't take a sack there. The defence is winning the game for you - let them win it - get a handful of yards and take the field goal. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Honestly Aaron needs to change his game now to be a very good game manager. Over the last few years, most of the resources have been thrown at the defence and pretty much all of the young talent is on that side of the ball. The identity of the side needs to change and Aaron needs to back this up - its not all about him any more and he doesn't need to be the star. The best chance we have of winning it all is if the defence dominates and the offence just does what it needs to do and doesn't mess things up.

Best example was near the end when he took a sack (over-ruled by a penalty) which would have put us out of field goal range. You can't take a sack there. The defence is winning the game for you - let them win it - get a handful of yards and take the field goal. 

He'll never do this. He's not going to take a backseat to the defense

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

He'll never do this. He's not going to take a backseat to the defense

If he keeps playing his hold the ball....then maybe run with the ball....then bootleg with the ball till the very last moment....game......
He wont be taking a backseat to anybody. He'll be standing on the sideline.

There's a reason Mr. "I'm Just One Step More Fluid And Athletic Than A Statue" Tom Brady's made it to successive Super Bowls in relative "pristine" condition and health.

He doesnt try to do the things AR does.

In this respect, AR should be more like Tom.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

ESPN: Green Bay's 10-3 victory on Thursday night averaged 22.7 million viewers on NBC as well as the network's and NFL's digital platforms. The viewer figures were released by the network and compiled by Nielsen and Adobe Analytics. This year's game saw a 16% increase over last year, when an average of 19.6 million watched the Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Atlanta Falcons. The audience peaked at 23.9 million viewers between 9:15 and 9:30 p.m. EDT.

Ben Fennell:  Packers Savage played every snap last night! Impressive debut for rookie. Rashan Gary only 6 snaps. Would you believe I want to give my game ball to Raven Greene on defense? 56 snaps and doing dirty work as sub-LB Double A mug fronts & SIM pressure - the Pettine special!

Aaron Nagler:  Greene was everywhere. Even rushed off the edge at one point. Loved his game last night.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

If he keeps playing his hold the ball....then maybe run with the ball....then bootleg with the ball till the very last moment....game......
He wont be taking a backseat to anybody. He'll be standing on the sideline.

There's a reason Mr. "I'm Just One Step More Fluid And Athletic Than A Statue" Tom Brady's made it to successive Super Bowls in relative "pristine" condition and health.

He doesnt try to do the things AR does.

In this respect, AR should be more like Tom.

He can do both too. When we have a game where he's getting that time, do it that ****. But you have to know when you don't. I know he's an alpha.. Not Kobe level, but he doesn't have to make it all a highlight. This is hyperbole to a degree but you'll know what I mean. Idk what I think about MLF but maybe his philosophy is what can ease him into that.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He can do both too. When we have a game where he's getting that time, do it that ****. But you have to know when you don't. I know he's an alpha.. Not Kobe level, but he doesn't have to make it all a highlight. This is hyperbole to a degree but you'll know what I mean. Idk what I think about MLF but maybe his philosophy is what can ease him into that.

I'm not trying to turn AR into some "game manager" - thats not happening - but I cringe each time he gets squashed now - or that bootleg where he held the ball.....held the ball.........held the ball longer....and longer.....ONLY TO CHUCK IT INTO THE GROUND just before he took a tackle?

Dumb.

He needs to know thats dumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

He's just soooo non-physical.  Goes down when the first guy touches him.

No, that's not accurate at all.

On last nights huge catch. He went to his knees to catch the ball around the 25 yard line, got hit around the 30 yard line and got tackled by multiple players around the 36 yard line.

He's a speed guy and a plus special teamer. He was poised to play in 2018, but hurt his hammy. He looks to be a needed contributor this and got off to a solid start last night.