Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

The PF sucked.  But I liked the fact that whenever he was near he would make sure that his presence was felt.  

he looked like a different player out there tonight to me

had a great break-up on a crosser as well.

Really, without that PF, he would probably be one of the higher graded defenders - which says something after tonight

*edit - and this is coming from a guy who thought he was a no-brainer cut heading into the year. Eating crow after week 1 on that hot-take

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Duds: MLF, Rodgers

Studs: Pettine, FA

Seriously though, that first challenge WTF

It's hard for me to call either Rodgers or LaFleur a dud. That front 7 is bar none the best in football and it whooped on our OL today. When you're losing the trenches your offense doesn't work, doesn't matter if it's LaFleur, Mac, Nagy, McVay, Reid etc... The Bears had the same problem today, our players were getting pressures all game and it messed up all their timing. 

Teams are going to look bad against that front 7, we're going to look bad at Lambeau on offense again when we play them, they are legit. Roy Robertson Harris is what their 5th DL? He'd be our #2 and he could probably be a #1 elsewhere, guy is legit. 

That's a championship caliber defense. Losing Fangio did nothing, I could coach those freaks to a top 10 standing. Just hope that offense stays where it is because look out if it gets better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

The PF sucked.  But I liked the fact that whenever he was near he would make sure that his presence was felt.  

The PF and the Tackle OB. If he would plant and drag he'd have been fine on both plays. He's always been a bit of an acrobat. 

I was pleasantly surprised with his overall play though. It helped my Corner concerns.

Just now, incognito_man said:

he looked like a different player out there tonight to me

had a great break-up on a crosser as well.

Really, without that PF, he would probably be one of the higher graded defenders - which says something after tonight

100% agree with you.  He understands his speed/agility isn’t the same so he’s going the veteran route with new tricks. And honestly every team needs a dback that takes the persona as an enforcer, to make the wide receiver think twice about catching a ball. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Teams are going to look bad against that front 7, we're going to look bad at Lambeau on offense again when we play them, they are legit. Roy Robertson Harris is what their 5th DL? He'd be our #2 and he could probably be a #1 elsewhere, guy is legit. 

I'd give Zad the leg on him, but point noted.

small a toad a so. he was a huge draft crush his draft year.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The PF and the Tackle OB. If he would plant and drag he'd have been fine on both plays. He's always been a bit of an acrobat. 

I was pleasantly surprised with his overall play though. It helped my Corner concerns.

I’ll give you that.  I am just ecstatic that we have a goood D. Even if it’s only week 1. 

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

Eglton Jenkins starts next week.

You think he will or won’t?

You think he should or shouldn’t?

Not yet.

I don't think so.

Lane just faced some monsters. If the thought process was that maybe Elgton would struggle with adjustments I think you leave Lane in a few more games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Eglton Jenkins starts next week.

You think he will or won’t?

You think he should or shouldn’t?

He should, but is he ready for all the presnap changes common in this offense? There has to be a reason that Taylor is listed ahead.

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1