Trubisky Not The Answer, Now What?

dafreak

21 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I think we are not being honest if we think Mitch is the guy, he just doesn't have it. Everything else is in place, how can we make it work?

Running the dang football for starters. Don't put the game in his hands. Kick FG's when in FG range. Don't get fancy on 3rd and 1. Just sneak it or run it up the middle. My god that game was infuriating.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We tank for the number one pick in next year's draft. Then we have Virginia make the pick for Pace. That's what we do. 

Nah, we gotta grow that QB tree in the backyard of soldier field. Because apparently good QB's are easy to come by.   

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Nah, we gotta grow that QB tree in the backyard of soldier field. Because apparently good QB's are easy to come by.   

Fool! The field can't withstand 8 home games, you think that wretched turf can sustain a tree of QBs? What if there is a Lorenzen and Jamarcus Russell? The roots won't be able to hold!! 

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Fool! The field can't withstand 8 home games, you think that wretched turf can sustain a tree of QBs? What if there is a Lorenzen and Jamarcus Russell? The roots won't be able to hold!! 

Too soon for Lorenzen RIP

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Look I'm not a Mitch defender and expressed my concerns with him over the last 2 years, but this type of thread popping up after one game of the season is seriously just ridiculous. 

Talk to me after the season.

I might agree but if you had not heard Mitch graduated to football 201. Where does he need to get, 301, 401, 501? They had all training camp and preseason to prepare for this game and this is the effort we get? Much of the blame goes on Nagy but Mitch was  bad-missing throws and not able to find open receivers. And I'm tired of the vanilla coach speak about Mitch, it's all an effort to build his confidence in the HOPE he can succeed. We have all the pieces in place except at the QB position. Hell, our backups are so bad we cant even have a good QB controversy.  Last year after game 1 I had hope and was optimistic, not so much this year.

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We tank for the number one pick in next year's draft. Then we have Virginia make the pick for Pace. That's what we do. 

That pick belongs to Oakland. 

Trubisky just does not see the field well. That seems to be the biggest issue with him. If his first read isn't wide open, he's lost. 

That Tramon Williams quote tells you how much respect he has from defenses. They wanted to "make him play QB" yeeesh....

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

His lack of progress is disheartening.

If he isn’t good that is an almost nuclear scenario for the Bears. A large portion of another incredible defenses best years will have been wasted.

Does it cost Pace his job?

What does it mean for Nagy?

At that point you wonder if the Bears will try to emulate the Broncos/Vikings and look for an above-average veteran QB to run the show. The roster is too young and too talented for another total rebuild.

• Like 1

The loss is far from solely on Trubisky's shoulders. However, I don't think Trubisky is a guy who can lead you to a championship. 

He's in the Dalton and Tannehill category, can always be serviceable and a guy who can win you a decent number of games, but the ceiling is certainly there.

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

At that point you wonder if the Bears will try to emulate the Broncos/Vikings and look for an above-average veteran QB to run the show. The roster is too young and too talented for another total rebuild.

Agreed, I do not see any way under this regime that they go through the process of drafting another young QB to develop into a franchise QB. 

If Mitch doesn't work out....and I think we all need to give him until the end of this season to fairly assess him moving forward... then you can be sure that Pace and Nagy will do everything in their power to get a guy at QB who can step in right away and be good enough to get this team to a SB and win during the window while the defense is still dominant.

To me those guys are few and far between, but Alex Smith would be the one that makes most sense cosniderign where he's at in his career.  He's still recovering from that bad leg break from a year ago and his days in Washington seem to be numbered after they invested highly in Haskins.  I don't think Washington keeps him beyond this season as a backup at the salary under his current contract.  Bears could probably get him on the cheap for next season but that is a topic for another time.

For now though this team is still going to fully support Mitch and do everything in their power to make sure he succeeds.  It's on you Nagy and Mitch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed, I do not see any way under this regime that they go through the process of drafting another young QB to develop into a franchise QB. 

If Mitch doesn't work out....and I think we all need to give him until the end of this season to fairly assess him moving forward... then you can be sure that Pace and Nagy will do everything in their power to get a guy at QB who can step in right away and be good enough to get this team to a SB and win during the window while the defense is still dominant.

To me those guys are few and far between, but Alex Smith would be the one that makes most sense cosniderign where he's at in his career.  He's still recovering from that bad leg break from a year ago and his days in Washington seem to be numbered after they invested highly in Haskins.  I don't think Washington keeps him beyond this season as a backup at the salary under his current contract.  Bears could probably get him on the cheap for next season but that is a topic for another time.

For now though this team is still going to fully support Mitch and do everything in their power to make sure he succeeds.  It's on you Nagy and Mitch.

usa_today_11414666.0.jpg[/img]