Trubisky Not The Answer, Now What?

dafreak

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

usa_today_11414666.0.jpg[/img]

Overrated IMO.  Never liked Bridgewater and he proved me right during his time with the Vikings.

TBH I'd rather continue to try and develop Mitch then take a flier on Teddy who would have to learn the complex system that Nagy has here.  If not Mitch then get someone in here who can step in from day 1 and understand how this offense works.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Overrated IMO.  Never liked Bridgewater and he proved me right during his time with the Vikings.

TBH I'd rather continue to try and develop Mitch then take a flier on Teddy who would have to learn the complex system that Nagy has here.  If not Mitch then get someone in here who can step in from day 1 and understand how this offense works.

But who is that.

As far as veterans who may actually hit free agency he is a good option.

31 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed, I do not see any way under this regime that they go through the process of drafting another young QB to develop into a franchise QB. 

If Mitch doesn't work out....and I think we all need to give him until the end of this season to fairly assess him moving forward... then you can be sure that Pace and Nagy will do everything in their power to get a guy at QB who can step in right away and be good enough to get this team to a SB and win during the window while the defense is still dominant.

To me those guys are few and far between, but Alex Smith would be the one that makes most sense cosniderign where he's at in his career.  He's still recovering from that bad leg break from a year ago and his days in Washington seem to be numbered after they invested highly in Haskins.  I don't think Washington keeps him beyond this season as a backup at the salary under his current contract.  Bears could probably get him on the cheap for next season but that is a topic for another time.

For now though this team is still going to fully support Mitch and do everything in their power to make sure he succeeds.  It's on you Nagy and Mitch.

There will always be experienced starters on the market so I'm not worried about individual players at this point.

What most interests me is how the Bears handle Mitch this season. Fans have said this team is in a Super Bowl window. If Trubisky continues to struggle, how do the Bears weigh his development against what's best for the success of the team?

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But who is that.

I told you. Alex Smith.  Say what you want about him but he is a better option for this team than Teddy B is, provided he fully recovers from his leg injury...

Edited by topwop1

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But who is that.

I think if Marcus Mariota doesn't work out for whatever reason, he'd be a good option. Could do a whole lot worst.

I know the national view of Marcus isn't great, but Titans fans have been wanting to see him in an offense like the Bears forever, just to see how it would look. He has done so well in hurry up offense for us and when we spread it out. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

I'm so utterly disappointing in Mitch. Reading Tramon's quote about making him play quarterback reminds me of Charle's Woodson's on Cutler. I think we have the same exact problem, a player who cannot consistently read the field and find the open man. I don't think Nagy helped him nor the Oline, however, this is a player we cannot rely on to win us games consistently.

He actually reminds me of Dak Prescott in so many ways. A player that needs a monster run game and a good defense to win. I think there is some "hope" in that, we can pay him a bit less and still hopefully have a shot at winning. But the feeling of perennial playoff births is now out of the question. 

Very disappointing and disheartening.  If Pace/Nagy want to bail on him at the end of the season I would have no problem with that either. It's OK to make a mistake if you move on from it quickly. I think Nagy/Pace have done such a good job overall that one mistake should not cost them their jobs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I'm so utterly disappointing in Mitch. Reading Tramon's quote about making him play quarterback reminds me of Charle's Woodson's on Cutler. I think we have the same exact problem, a player who cannot consistently read the field and find the open man. I don't think Nagy helped him nor the Oline, however, this is a player we cannot rely on to win us games consistently.

He actually reminds me of Dak Prescott in so many ways. A player that needs a monster run game and a good defense to win. I think there is some "hope" in that, we can pay him a bit less and still hopefully have a shot at winning. But the feeling of perennial playoff births is now out of the question. 

Very disappointing and disheartening.  If Pace/Nagy want to bail on him at the end of the season I would have no problem with that either. It's OK to make a mistake if you move on from it quickly. I think Nagy/Pace have done such a good job overall that one mistake should not cost them their jobs. 

They won't. They love him.

Hope, the Bears have been getting drunk on it at QB for most of my life.

They let Cutler rote on the vine, waiting for him to turn into a fine wine.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

They won't. They love him.

Hope, the Bears have been getting drunk on it at QB for most of my life.

They let Cutler rote on the vine, waiting for him to turn into a fine wine.

Hope is really what kills us as a fanbase and an organization. I expect Pace and Nagy to be very dispassionate as they evaluate talent. Don't waste this defense with a guy who will never reach his potential. 

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Hope is really what kills us as a fanbase and an organization. I expect Pace and Nagy to be very dispassionate as they evaluate talent. Don't waste this defense with a guy who will never reach his potential. 

They won't man they are not idiots.  They are giving him a fair shot right now but the honeymoon period is over.  If by end of year 3 you do not show marked improvement then they will be looking for your replacement.

One loss to GB and there's this thread?

Tell yah what, GB showed a defense that no one expected.  There was no "book" on it.  And it had a former Bear in the secondary who called out the play that ended in a pick.

I'm a Packer fan, but I do follow the Bears.  I don't think that Mitch is anywhere near as good as Mahomes or Watson, but he's gonna win you games.  You just didn't get this last one.

I'd put it on Nagy as much as Trubisky.  

I think it's gonna get a lot better for you real quick.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Tell yah what, GB showed a defense that no one expected.  There was no "book" on it.  And it had a former Bear in the secondary who called out the play that ended in a pick.

I'm a Packer fan, but I do follow the Bears.  I don't think that Mitch is anywhere near as good as Mahomes or Watson, but he's gonna win you games.  You just didn't get this last one.

We've seen a lot of QB's with potential fizzle out and I think that's where our perspective is coming from. You can always see it early on.  It's always the same build in excuses, need to learn the offense, it's the Oline's fault, the WRs aren't open. Let's say the Packers Defense is much better and is now top 10, that still doesn't excuse what we saw on the field.

If we look at Rogers last night - new offense, new coach, playing against a top defense. Did he look the best no? But he made plays that we have seen him make. You can put him on any team and he'll be good. 

I do think Mitch will look better and he'll be solid for the year, but we aren't winning a SB with him at the helm unless everything falls in place for us. I think that's whats most disappointing for Bears fans. 

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It is not 1 game.

It is 28 games and 18 with Nagy where the same issues continue to be issues.