Trubisky Not The Answer, Now What?

dafreak

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys would of won the SB last year with a good QB, not even close. Probably domination. 

This year you win the Super Bowl with a good QB. 

Next year you’ll have a rookie QB or average vet. 

2021 the prime window will have passed on this team. Still competitive but not a Super Bowl juggernaut. (Windows are four years topps outside of Bellicheck) Trubisky was a mistake that will cost you the hardware. 

As was Cutler.

As was Rex Grossman.

4 hours ago, soulman said:

Before we call in an airstrike on Mitch's condo let's identify his problem.

We've seen enough by now to know it's not physical.  In that regard he can do all the things any good QB should be able to do so what we're left with is mental or psychological and IMHO that far worse.  A good coach can fix his mechanics and help him with his reads but I'm not sure how you fix his head.

He does not respond well to pressure and winning big means constant pressure.

I believe his post game comments included something like "we just couldn't get going" or "get in tempo".  Stuff like that.

Well Mitch, whose problem do you think that is?  It's yours.  You're the conductor of this symphony orchestra on turf so don't blame the musicians if you can even provide the downbeat let alone keep tempo with your baton.  Gitcher big boy britches back on and take over your farking offense.  That's your job and they can't do theirs properly unless you do yours properly.

So in the words of Gracie Slick......"feed your head" but feed it whatever thoughts or mantras you need to get on track.  YOU have to do that not Nagy, Helfrich, or Rags.  They can fix all of the other stuff but only you can fix your head.

Let's be a little easier on Mitchell. They ran the ball eleven times. And they didn't go away from the run because it wasn't working. I do agree he needs to step up...but it's more complicated than simply that. 

• Like 1

Seriously you guy's need to stop with the nonsense. Trubisky is not a bad QB hes a rusty QB. That's what happens when you don't play in the preseason. Rodgers looked equally terrible. You guy's are putting the entire loss on Trubisky which isn't fair, he  didn't lose the game by himself. Your OL kept getting stupid holding calls which shot you in the foot. 

To get pushed back forty yards in penalties after great field position was unacceptable. Our punter won that game for us. He was the MVP. He flipped field position where you guys constantly had to go 80 yards which is a hard thing to do. Plus he didn't let Cohen or Patterson hurt us.  If this makes you feel better Trubisky is way ahead of Rodgers in his talent and development than Rodgers was in his 3rd year. Rodgers was horrible, he was so bad we drafted two QB's  after his Rookie year.

The Trubisky that was clutch in that playoff game is the real Trubisky. The one who got you in position to win that game.  You didn't lose the SB you lost one home game. Your defense will always keep you in games. Give the kid a break he's still learning the pro game he'll be a good QB, he showed me some good things in that playoff game. In my honest opinion and I'm not just saying this to  be a good sport and make you feel good,, this division is still yours to lose.  No GB fan should be pounding his chest, I'm happy we won but I don't think we really beat you  we were fortunate to steal a win and upset you.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Seriously you guy's need to stop with the nonsense. Trubisky is not a bad QB hes a rusty QB. That's what happens when you don't play in the preseason. Rodgers looked equally terrible. You guy's are putting the entire loss on Trubisky which isn't fair, he  didn't lose the game by himself. Your OL kept getting stupid holding calls which shot you in the foot. 

To get pushed back forty yards in penalties after great field position was unacceptable. Our punter won that game for us. He was the MVP. He flipped field position where you guys constantly had to go 80 yards which is a hard thing to do. Plus he didn't let Cohen or Patterson hurt us.  If this makes you feel better Trubisky is way ahead of Rodgers in his talent and development than Rodgers was in his 3rd year. Rodgers was horrible, he was so bad we drafted two QB's high after his Rookie year.

The Trubisky that was clutch in that playoff game is the real Trubisky. The one who got you in position to win that game.  You didn't lose the SB you lost one home game. Your defense will always keep you in games. Give the kid a break he's still learning the pro game he'll be a good QB, he showed me some good things in that playoff game. In my honest opinion and I'm not just saying this to  be a good sport and make you feel good,, this division is still yours to lose.  I'm not pounding my chest, I'm happy we won but I don't think we really beat you  we were fortunate to steal a win and upset you.

Trubisky was awful for 3 quarters of the playoff game and made 3 throws at the end of the game.

That is not a sustainable way to beat good teams.

The lack of progress in his play is obvious to those who have watched every game. Last season I would say he played

8 Bad Games

5 Good Games

2 Solid Games

It wasn’t good enough.

What you do,

-Pick up Trubisky’s 5th year option. Might as well it is only guaranteed for injury.

-Sign Alex Smith 

-Draft a guy in round 5 and take a shot

-Release Trubisky before his 5th year option is guaranteed

-Draft a QB round 1 

-Keep Smith to compete and mentor

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Trubisky was awful for 3 quarters of the playoff game and made 3 throws at the end of the game.

That is not a sustainable way to beat good teams.

The lack of progress in his play is obvious to those who have watched every game. Last season I would say he played

8 Bad Games

5 Good Games

2 Solid Games

It wasn’t good enough.

He's still young with room to grow. I think rookie QBs should sit behind a veteran for a year and learn. Mahomes did Rodgers did and Brady did. I think Nagy pushed him out there too fast. But I honestly think he'll get better.

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

He's still young with room to grow. I think rookie QBs should sit behind a veteran for a year and learn. Mahomes did Rodgers did and Brady did. I think Nagy pushed him out there too fast. But I honestly think he'll get better.

It has been 27 games, 16 with Nagy.

He is still making terrible reads and throwing inaccurate passes because of garbage mechanics.

The time of excuses is over. We are wasting this defense on this ridiculous QB roller coaster ride.

He does have room to grow. At this point I hope it is from average and inconsistent to just average.

34 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

They pretty clearly went away from it because it wasn't working.

Passing every play netted zero points, multiple punts, etc. When you're predictable you're going to be much easier to defend.

20 minutes ago, St Vince said:

To get pushed back forty yards in penalties after great field position was unacceptable. Our punter won that game for us. He was the MVP. He flipped field position where you guys constantly had to go 80 yards which is a hard thing to do. Plus he didn't let Cohen or Patterson hurt us.  If this makes you feel better Trubisky is way ahead of Rodgers in his talent and development than Rodgers was in his 3rd year. Rodgers was horrible, he was so bad we drafted two QB's  after his Rookie year.

The Trubisky that was clutch in that playoff game is the real Trubisky. The one who got you in position to win that game.  You didn't lose the SB you lost one home game. Your defense will always keep you in games. Give the kid a break he's still learning the pro game he'll be a good QB, he showed me some good things in that playoff game. In my honest opinion and I'm not just saying this to  be a good sport and make you feel good,, this division is still yours to lose.  No GB fan should be pounding his chest, I'm happy we won but I don't think we really beat you  we were fortunate to steal a win and upset you.

Thank you, you've echoed a lot of what I have said the last 24 hours. This game stings but is one game, it is frustrating on a dozen levels but still.

Was Rodgers really showing that little early on. He was my 2nd favorite prospect of all time, I even dug the stupid reverse dropback he had to do at Cal when the first two reads were to the far left. lol.

I will say I was impressed with the GB defense too. I was highly annoyed to see Pettine go to you guys, he was a favorite to replace Fangio if he left by a number of us, he was my guy especially. That is going to help GB as Rodgers and Co work out MLF's system.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Easy there beardown. Just ignore the trolls. I know it's frustrating but just remember how much they're truly hurting inside.

Yes, by all means and stop letting "the other guy" frame the debate.  You're never gonna get your points across that way.

12 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

They pretty clearly went away from it because it wasn't working.

Then at the very least you define why it wasn't working and adjust.  I didn't see any of that.

Pettine schemed to take away Nagy's signature inside zone runs with 3 DL all playing between the OTs and one MLB.  He clogged the middle but that scheme left the edges vulnerable to outside zone runs and to using the RBs as receivers on short passes of 5-6 yards.

There were other options to attack but for whatever reason we failed to do so instead seemingly sticking with a passing game that wasn't doing much better.  But this is Nagy. He gets obsessive in his play calling, Pettine correctly guessed that, and Nagy accommodated him.

I'll say it again here.  I believe either Nagy needs to give the headset to Helfrich and coach his team and his QB during the game and stop obsessing over his play calls or he needs to designate a game day HC to run the team on the sidelines.  He may as well be up in the booth for all the good he's doing on the field.  You can't see the big picture by looking through a keyhole.