Trubisky Not The Answer, Now What?

dafreak

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Thank you for the camp insights. I did not realize your first team defense was frustrating Rodgers to that degree. Very interesting point. 

We weren't allowed to see too much, but some video came out of camp regarding the offensive "wins".  In those "wins", you could see that EDGE guys were closing in on Rodgers and just stopped their rush.  If the situation was really "live" yah, those offensive "wins" would have been few and far between.  At least that was my takeaway.

Rodgers spoke about it, though, as beat writers were tweeting about the defensive beatdowns.  

For many of us, we took that to mean that our offense was really behind and not doing well.  The reality may be that while the first part may be true, perhaps the defense is legit as well.

Guess we will see next week.

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

The bigger problem is that Trubisky has not shown any trait that makes you think he's more than an average QB at best. He's a decidedly average talent who has more issues with consistency and decision-making than other guys from his draft class.

Nobody is reaching conclusions on Mitch after 1 game. He played this way for most of last season. People are upset because the Bears built up a preseason hype train around Mitch's improvement and when we got into a game we saw the same issues.

At this point in his career, the Bears should be able to hand the ball to Mitch when things aren't going well and say, "Get us some points." That's what Rodgers did last night. It's what franchise QBs do.

It is really troubling that he is still where he is at in his development.

Hard to defend the lack of progress.

I think he is going to get exposed again by Fangio next week.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They won't. They love him.

Hope, the Bears have been getting drunk on it at QB for most of my life.

They let Cutler rote on the vine, waiting for him to turn into a fine wine.

He did turn into a fine wine, it was just a fine bottle of two buck chuck only fit for enjoyment by the fans of our rivals.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is really troubling that he is still where he is at in his development.

Hard to defend the lack of progress.

I think he is going to get exposed again by Fangio next week.

It's a possibility, but Fangio's unwillingness to blitz regularly may conceal Trubisky's flaws as it will help the OL survive a little better

Before we call in an airstrike on Mitch's condo let's identify his problem.

We've seen enough by now to know it's not physical.  In that regard he can do all the things any good QB should be able to do so what we're left with is mental or psychological and IMHO that far worse.  A good coach can fix his mechanics and help him with his reads but I'm not sure how you fix his head.

He does not respond well to pressure and winning big means constant pressure.

I believe his post game comments included something like "we just couldn't get going" or "get in tempo".  Stuff like that.

Well Mitch, whose problem do you think that is?  It's yours.  You're the conductor of this symphony orchestra on turf so don't blame the musicians if you can even provide the downbeat let alone keep tempo with your baton.  Gitcher big boy britches back on and take over your farking offense.  That's your job and they can't do theirs properly unless you do yours properly.

So in the words of Gracie Slick......"feed your head" but feed it whatever thoughts or mantras you need to get on track.  YOU have to do that not Nagy, Helfrich, or Rags.  They can fix all of the other stuff but only you can fix your head.

You guys would of won the SB last year with a good QB, not even close. Probably domination. 

This year you win the Super Bowl with a good QB. 

Next year you’ll have a rookie QB or average vet. 

2021 the prime window will have passed on this team. Still competitive but not a Super Bowl juggernaut. (Windows are four years topps outside of Bellicheck) Trubisky was a mistake that will cost you the hardware. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys would of won the SB last year with a good QB, not even close. Probably domination. 

This year you win the Super Bowl with a good QB. 

Next year you’ll have a rookie QB or average vet. 

2021 the prime window will have passed on this team. Still competitive but not a Super Bowl juggernaut. (Windows are four years topps outside of Bellicheck) Trubisky was a mistake that will cost you the hardware. 

More great english from the peanut gallery

Trubisky was good enough in the second half vs Philly. A terrible punt led to the D pissing down their leg to give up the GW TD which led to Parkey's miss

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

More great english from the peanut gallery

Trubisky was good enough in the second half vs Philly. A terrible punt led to the D pissing down their leg to give up the GW TD which led to Parkey's miss

Yeah 15 points is enough to win a playoff game. 

Sit down. 

Stay down. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah 15 points is enough to win a playoff game. 

Sit down. 

Stay down. 

It was enough to win Super Bowl 53.

I also said second half however it's becoming that english isn't your first and perhaps not even second language.

You obviously didn't watch the game. You probably don't even know the Burton situation there.

If Parkey makes that kick, he ****s himself in LA. If not, he ****s himself in New Orleans. If not, he ****s himself vs the Pats. The Bears win a Super Bowl last year with a good kicker.

Get lost (and bent).

Edited by beardown3231

I see Raiders fans are still upset after watching Mack alone play better than their entire defense last year combined and being so wrong about us being 3-6 win team that netted them a top-5 pick, huh?

I get it though cause that's gotta burn!

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It was enough to win Super Bowl 53.

I also said second half however it's becoming that english isn't your first and perhaps not even second language.

You obviously didn't watch the game. You probably don't even know the Burton situation there.

If Parkey makes that kick, he ****s himself in LA. If not, he ****s himself in New Orleans. If not, he ****s himself vs the Pats. The Bears win a Super Bowl last year with a good kicker.

Get lost (and bent).

Easy there beardown. Just ignore the trolls. I know it's frustrating but just remember how much they're truly hurting inside.

• Like 1