Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pool

Ryan Pace and QB's

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm drunk now. It's this an acceptable answer to this thread?

yesno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Nah nah nah you guys got it all wrong.  We gotta bring in the big gun who last got us to a super bowl.

 

#bringbacksexy

We already have another version. Rex Trubisky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I have my doubts like everyone else but It's been ONE game against a division rival. 

Yep, too soon for all of this yet but Nagy must see by now that he has a QB who simply can't or won't just let loose and play the game and I really don't know how you fix that.

Nagy spent all preseason boasting about Mitch's progression and his confidence and if that wasn't a HC's whopper then where in the blue hell was any of that last night?

Let's face it.  Mitch played at the level of a backup QB and not even a very good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went back and watched college highlights for Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. What mostly stood out are all the comments stating the Trubisky was going to be a bust and that Mahomes and Watson were the only two QB's worth taking in the draft. I'm afraid Pace fell in love with a player and overlooked the negatives of Trubisky's game. A huge miss on the only important pick of his GM career. It really is inexcusable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dafreak said:

I went back and watched college highlights for Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. What mostly stood out are all the comments stating the Trubisky was going to be a bust and that Mahomes and Watson were the only two QB's worth taking in the draft. I'm afraid Pace fell in love with a player and overlooked the negatives of Trubisky's game. A huge miss on the only important pick of his GM career. It really is inexcusable. 

Looking back I feel like Watson was the sure pick. Mahomes was boom or bust and Mitch was the biggest question mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dafreak said:

I went back and watched college highlights for Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. What mostly stood out are all the comments stating the Trubisky was going to be a bust and that Mahomes and Watson were the only two QB's worth taking in the draft. I'm afraid Pace fell in love with a player and overlooked the negatives of Trubisky's game. A huge miss on the only important pick of his GM career. It really is inexcusable. 

It's one game. Watson has done nothing. Relax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's one game. Watson has done nothing. Relax

It's one game in year 3 in which he was hyped up by Nagy and the rest of the Bears organization. And while I put equal blame on the packer game on Nagy, Mitch just doesnt have the "it" factor. He has the "cutler" factor. I just don't see how he improves, wish I could. Everyone knows who he is, we are just the last to admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dafreak said:

It's one game in year 3 in which he was hyped up by Nagy and the rest of the Bears organization. And while I put equal blame on the packer game on Nagy, Mitch just doesnt have the "it" factor. He has the "cutler" factor. I just don't see how he improves, wish I could. Everyone knows who he is, we are just the last to admit it.

And had he played, let's just say, decent (25-35, 287 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) and they win 13-10. You wouldn't be saying any of this. He had a bad game in a hyped up game. I'm not really taking one side or another; I just think we should wait until about week 8. 

You wouldn't have said he had the Cutler factor after he was a big reason why they ended Minnesota's year and when he put them in a position to beat Philly, right?

You also wouldn't have said he had the Cutler factor if that game was against the Jaguars, so again, calm down

When Trubisky made his debut, I said we'll all know by November 2019, so yeah let's wait

 

BTW, how cool was it to see Jay at the game? This guy was crushed by 85% of the fan base all the time yet showed up to the home opener in a Bears jacket. I thought that was cool

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

And had he played, let's just say, decent. 25-35, 287 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. They win 13-10. You wouldn't be saying any of this. He had a bad game in a hyped up game. I'm not really taking one side or another; I just think we should wait until about week 8. 

When Trubisky made his debut, I said we'll all know by November 2019, so yeah let's wait.

No choice to wait but I am already in the know.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting highly frustrated watching KC vs JAX. Flip had Foles going 5 for 8 before he was hurt and now he has Minshrew at 13 for 13. The playcalling has just been perfect, he is making the game easier for his inexperienced QB. They are attacking with timing, WRs are attacking different levels so he can make multiple reads that are on one side of the field. He has installed the base of the offense from PHI already, another very complex offense that is every bit as detailed as NE, NO, or KC's.  But he isn't letting his roomie drown. 

 

I really believe Nagy can do the same, I don't see why he seems to refuse to. 

 

Edit - Mahomes is SO damn good. 

Edited by Sugashane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I see some people beginning to identify with the other half of the problem.

Nagy's offense has only scored more than 20 points in 9 of 18 games.  That's not all on Mitch.  He's not the only one whose butt clenching too often turning lumps of coal into diamonds and ruining scoring opportunities.

WhoTF ends up with two delay of game penalties on one scoring drive in enemy territory because of not having the correct personnel for the play call or worse not even having 11 men on the field.  Sorry but that's not on Mitch.  That's on Nagy.

Being creative is great but sometimes you just have to settle for a meatloaf and mashed scoring drive and serve the Beef Wellington with braised asparagus topped with Hollandaise Sauce some other day.  Can Nagy get around to doing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulman said:

At least I see some people beginning to identify with the other half of the problem.

Nagy's offense has only scored more than 20 points in 9 of 18 games.  That's not all on Mitch.  He's not the only one whose butt clenching too often turning lumps of coal into diamonds and ruining scoring opportunities.

WhoTF ends up with two delay of game penalties on one scoring drive in enemy territory because of not having the correct personnel for the play call or worse not even having 11 men on the field.  Sorry but that's not on Mitch.  That's on Nagy.

Being creative is great but sometimes you just have to settle for a meatloaf and mashed scoring drive and serve the Beef Wellington with braised asparagus topped with Hollandaise Sauce some other day.  Can Nagy get around to doing that?

I'm lazy, was that depressing stat including the defensive scores or actually just offensive production? I'm hoping the latter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm lazy, was that depressing stat including the defensive scores or actually just offensive production? I'm hoping the latter...

I believe it's based on offensive production only but to be honest I'm not 100% certain.

IF it also includes defensive scoring it would be truly depressing wouldn't it.

Personally I believe we all need to give it more time before we render our verdict.  A full season would seem right.  After all Alex Smith was pretty much a hot mess when KC got him from SF and Nagy helped turn him into a functional QB who won a lot of games.

What we don't know right now is what we actually have in Mitch.  If he another potential Aaron Rodgers, only a functional Alex Smith type, or is he on the road to becoming Blake Bortles v2.0?  It's way to early to tell yet especially on the basis of Thursdays game.

That was a collective failure including Nagy and Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soulman said:

I believe it's based on offensive production only but to be honest 

Personally I believe we all need to give it more time before we render our verdict.  A full season would seem right.  After all Alex Smith was pretty much a hot mess when KC got him from SF and Nagy helped turn him into a functional QB who won a lot of games.

My hope it that Nagy was a primary reason for Smith and Mahomes' development, rather than Reid being the main reason. Really really hoping so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm lazy, was that depressing stat including the defensive scores or actually just offensive production? I'm hoping the latter...

The former unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×