Ryan Pace and QB's

Pool

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My hope it that Nagy was a primary reason for Smith and Mahomes' development, rather than Reid being the main reason. Really really hoping so. 

We should know more on that in January.

Mitch has to show major progression this year not only in operating the offense but also in his instinctive decision making and his mechanics which are both still and issue by my observation.

If not then Pace needs to go shopping for a vet who could actually compete with and supplant Mitch.  He needs some serious competition now not two schoolmarm backups who are even worse starters.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That's...that's really sad. 

50 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well last season alone the Bears score more than 20 in thirteen games, so it's not the former so I would guess with out looking into it more that it is with out the defense scoring.

Oops I read it wrong. Yes it was the latter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What I meant was- they haven't scored more than 20 offensive points in 9 out of the last 18 games

This is a major issue.

The Nagy-Trubisky marriage has not really worked.

One of them will more than likely have to go. It will be Mitch. 

The question then becomes do you trust Pace to replace Mitch?

Just now, WindyCity said:

This is a major issue.

The Nagy-Trubisky marriage has not really worked.

One of them will more than likely have to go. It will be Mitch. 

The question then becomes do you trust Pace to replace Mitch?

Or do you trust Nagy to develop a QB or run a real offense? 

He was brought here to develop Tru and so far has failed. He still has plenty of time to show improvement but there doesn't seem to be much to brag about other than a few catchy names for his plays. If Tru goes we might have to overpay for a vet to come in, because he probably would waste another investment at QB if he isn't the bright mind he was thought to be.

If he doesn't get things back on track Pace should force him to relinquish playcalling duties. Can't so much worse than 3 points in a game. 

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Or do you trust Nagy to develop a QB or run a real offense? 

He was brought here to develop Tru and so far has failed. He still has plenty of time to show improvement but there doesn't seem to be much to brag about other than a few catchy names for his plays. If Tru goes we might have to overpay for a vet to come in, because he probably would waste another investment at QB if he isn't the bright mind he was thought to be.

If he doesn't get things back on track Pace should force him to relinquish playcalling duties. Can't so much worse than 3 points in a game. 

Do we know if Nagy ever actually developed any QB talent though or how much influence he has had in this department over his coaching stops?

Alex Smith was a veteran when he came to KC and the year Nagy was coaching in KC with Mahomes, he barely played as Smith was still the starter.

Mahomes actually credits Smith with a lot of his success in teaching him the ropes.

I don't want to jump to conclusions or sour on coach after a few bad offensive showings but something has to give eventually. If we don't see vast improvement on offense over this season then either Mitch or Nagy (or both) aren't as good as we may have thought they'd be.

I'm still very bitter at the Bears offensive showing the other night after watching the slate of games today and seeing all these young QBs like Wentz, Lamar and Kyler and other offenses play well out of the gate.  So far the only other offense that has come close to the pathetic display we saw from Bears is the Steelers.

Edited by topwop1

I am more inclined to believe that Nagy can develop a QB than to blame him for Mitch.

Mitch was a bad pick. He was a massive risk with 13 college starts and the issues that plagued him in college continue to do so.

If we don’t trust Nagy to develop a QB then the nuclear option should be pressed and everyone should be flushed. I am inclined to give them 1 more QB.

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am more inclined to believe that Nagy can develop a QB than to blame him for Mitch.

Mitch was a bad pick. He was a massive risk with 13 college starts and the issues that plagued him in college continue to do so.

If we don’t trust Nagy to develop a QB then the nuclear option should be pressed and everyone should be flushed. I am inclined to give them 1 more QB.

I wouldn't say that Mitch was a bad pick overall.  In comparison to Mahomes and Watson then yes that is a legit argument given their pedigree and where they're at in their respective careers and also considering Pace had his pick of the litter...but by saying he was a bad pick you have already your mind up on him that he's a bust. To each their own but I still think it's a bit premature to say that he's a bad pick even if we all expected more by now. 

Mitch may never end up meeting his full potential and let's face it, will probably never be as good as his fellow draft class QBs but I still think he can be good enough to win with if he keeps working hard at it and just trusting himself and the system. 

It's easy to compare Mitch to Watson/Mahomes with hindsight, but at the time of the draft the story was:

1. Trubisky - prototypical build and athleticism, questions about experience, consistency, and ability to transition to a pro-style offense
  2. Watson - athleticism, experience, and leadership were apparent, questions about his accuracy and decision-making
  3. Mahomes - arm and playmaking ability were special, questions mostly about his style of play translating to the NFL

Mitch was more of a traditional QB who skyrocketed during the pre-draft process but he hadn't exhibited nearly the playmaking ability of the other 2 guys.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I wouldn't say that Mitch was a bad pick overall.  In comparison to Mahomes and Watson then yes that is a legit argument given their pedigree and where they're at in their respective careers and also considering Pace had his pick of the litter...but by saying he was a bad pick you have already your mind up on him that he's a bust. To each their own but I still think it's a bit premature to say that he's a bad pick even if we all expected more by now. 

Mitch may never end up meeting his full potential and let's face it, will probably never be as good as his fellow draft class QBs but I still think he can be good enough to win with if he keeps working hard at it and just trusting himself and the system. 

He was a bad pick because

1. He is the worst of the 3 top QBs picked.

2. His ceiling seems to be considerably lower.

3. And maybe he isn’t a busy, but he is not close to being the franchise QB you are picking at 2.

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was a bad pick because

1. He is the worst of the 3 top QBs picked.

2. His ceiling seems to be considerably lower.

3. And maybe he isn’t a busy, but he is not close to being the franchise QB you are picking at 2.

Ok so he's not worth the #2 pick or an elite talent....my question now is do you think he's good enough to just get by in the regular season and then catch fire and have a good playoff run with that defense? I mean we've seen worse or on par QBs win a Super Bowl before no?