Ryan Pace and QB's

Pool

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was a bad pick because

1. He is the worst of the 3 top QBs picked.

2. His ceiling seems to be considerably lower.

3. And maybe he isn’t a busy, but he is not close to being the franchise QB you are picking at 2.

Hindsight much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Do we know if Nagy ever actually developed any QB talent though or how much influence he has had in this department over his coaching stops?

Alex Smith was a veteran when he came to KC and the year Nagy was coaching in KC with Mahomes, he barely played as Smith was still the starter.

Mahomes actually credits Smith with a lot of his success in teaching him the ropes.

I don't want to jump to conclusions or sour on coach after a few bad offensive showings but something has to give eventually. If we don't see vast improvement on offense over this season then either Mitch or Nagy (or both) aren't as good as we may have thought they'd be.

I'm still very bitter at the Bears offensive showing the other night after watching the slate of games today and seeing all these young QBs like Wentz, Lamar and Kyler and other offenses play well out of the gate.  So far the only other offense that has come close to the pathetic display we saw from Bears is the Steelers.

That had to be a primary objective for Nagy. Pace had just made the investment a year prior and knew it was going to be the most important pick of his tenure. If Nagy can't develop the QB or at least run a decently productive system then he was a poor choice, even if he may be a good HC overall. 

I love the culture change, but that is as much, if not more, the players than the HC, and the winning that drives it. There would be a massive boost in positivity just by firing Fox's dead ***. 

You're right, he deserves more time but if the offense doesn't improve from last year that will be a massive red flag. At that point Pagano becomes far more important to retain if he keeps the defense retaining such a high level of success. 

7 hours ago, soulman said:

Wow, too much doom and gloom for me.  I won't take a cough and few sneezes and diagnose it as pneumonia yet.

Let's give it a few more games at the very least.  There may be some cracks in the clouds but the sky hasn't fallen yet.

So you're telling me there's a chance? 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

After re-watching some of the game I am backing 10-15% of my criticism off of Mitch and putting it on the OL. It was an unprofessional effort from them.

The OL was not good.  Have to wonder if it had a lot to do with Daniels position switch, because he got manhandled by Kenny Clark and Whitehair and Long weren't very good either.  After last year this seems like more of an aberration than what we can expect going forward.

That said why are you passing 45 times if your OL is playing like crap?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malagabears said:

So you're telling me there's a chance? 🤔🤔🤔

LOL.....I really don't know what more to sat 'til we see more games.

I believe the problems are obvious. Some here agree.

Many columns and articles I've read say something quite similar and suggest similar solutions.

But the real question is does Nagy see it that same way.