GDT 2 post game thread - theories & rants

malagabears

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

We can't wait that long for Mitch to understand this offense. We might as well go the McVay route if it's that complex to grasp.  In addition, who was Alex Smith playing in that game? 

The Tennessee Titans, who went on to win a whopping 2 games that year.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

The Tennessee Titans, who went on to win a whopping 2 games that year.

We cannot wait for 5 years for him to look good in this offense.

Based on what we have seen to this point picking up his 5th year option should be questioned let alone extending him.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

We cannot wait for 5 years for him to look good in this offense.

Based on what we have seen to this point picking up his 5th year option should be questioned let alone extending him.

It was 23 million basically last year for Goff and Wentz. It'll be 25 million to exercise that on Trubisky this off season. 

This is getting off the rails a little bit... I'm going to go and re-watch this game but I do feel like there were a couple throws that he ripped in there with conviction. It's within him but I just don't know when everything is going to click for him. The pressure he got last night didn't help and you off-set that with the running game and screens. Nagy did neither of them.

And for ****'s sake, if you're going to keep running Patterson on those ghost jet motions, at some point you HAVE to give him the ball to keep them honest.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is getting off the rails a little bit... I'm going to go and re-watch this game but I do feel like there were a couple throws that he ripped in there with conviction. It's within him but I just don't know when everything is going to click for him. The pressure he got last night didn't help and you off-set that with the running game and screens. Nagy did neither of them.

And for ****'s sake, if you're going to keep running Patterson on those ghost jet motions, at some point you HAVE to give him the ball to keep them honest.

I think you're absolutely correct. He had some GREAT throws in the game. I loved the one to Taylor for 50 during a scramble. He clearly has talent I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. Being a franchise QB requires consistently though  - and he seems to lack that. I feel like he could throw 4 TDs against the Broncos and then throw 0 TDs against the Redskins. I just don't know what I'm getting with him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is what we did with Cutler and Rex.

"He played terrible for most of the game, but watch these 3 really awesome throws, he can for sure do that more."

Like the kid on the step that is waiting for his dad to pick him up, good chance dad isn't coming.

Just now, Nads786 said:

I think you're absolutely correct. He had some GREAT throws in the game. I loved the one to Taylor for 50 during a scramble. He clearly has talent I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. Being a franchise QB requires consistently though  - and he seems to lack that. I feel like he could throw 4 TDs against the Broncos and then throw 0 TDs against the Redskins. I just don't know what I'm getting with him. 

That is what will waste the defense. Even if we make the playoffs how can we know that he won't play great and then walk into the NFC Championship and implode.

Great defenses need consistency at QB.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is what will waste the defense. Even if we make the playoffs how can we know that he won't play great and then walk into the NFC Championship and implode.

Great defenses need consistency at QB.

He's on his way to being hated. Can you imagine us going to the playoffs while dragging the QB only to watch him implode. 

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pay Floyd and RRH with it. Probably gives us a better chance to win.

At this rate it would be a mistake for the Bears to committ that to Trubisky on the 5th year option.  Might be more wise to invest that in a veteran QB and the defense and make Mitch earn it.  We'll see.

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

At this rate it would be a mistake for the Bears to committ that to Trubisky on the 5th year option.  Might be more wise to invest that in a veteran QB and the defense and make Mitch earn it.  We'll see.

Bring in Alex Smith on his injury comeback and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Bring in Alex Smith on his injury comeback and see what happens.

Wow, it is incredible how hard & humble Trub's fall from grace with the fans has been. I never annoited him as a franchise QB but thought he had way more upside based on the syrup the FO spoon fed us. Time will tell.

Edited by malagabears
  • Like 2