Chiefs extend WR Tyreek Hill (3 years, $54M)

Broncofan

1 minute ago, N4L said:

while those two are certainly amazing, the symbiotic synergy between Hill and mahomes playing styles is unparalleled

I can concede that Mahomes/Hill are the more explosive of the combos, you can make a case that Watson/Hopkins are the more consistent of the two.

Hopkins probably has the best set of hands in the league - Watson throws one of the most catchable balls in the league, with a deft amount of touch and accuracy to all of his targets (notice how Will Fuller hasn't really dropped anything when Watson is his QB - he had horrible hands coming out of ND).

So they synergy is there, just manifested in a different manner.

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Can't go wrong either way. 1A-1B. Both pairs are incredible just different.

Bingo - Mahomes and Hill will kill you on a 75 yard strike, just a bomb. Hopkins and Watson will crush you with 7/75 on a single drive, ending on a 10 yard fade with Hopkins going up over a hapless DB for the score.

It's fun to watch, I'm sure we'll see plenty of both...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Do we know if there is any kind clause that basically says if Tyreek gets in trouble with the law they can basically void the entire contract?

I'm sure there's some heavy language in the contract.

Veach alluded to it:

We’re pleased we were able to reach an agreement with Tyreek to keep him in a Chiefs uniform for the foreseeable future,” Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach said. “He understands our expectations of him as a member of this team and community. This extension is contingent upon the conditions Tyreek agreed to adhere to upon his return to the team in July. Tyreek is an elite player in this league and has played a major role in our team’s success, and we’re pleased that he’ll continue to make an impact for us.”

6 hours ago, tom cody said:

Gone from a guy sure to be suspended to an extension, that's quite a turnaround. 

He earned it. He was straight with the team and did all his homework. 

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Beat your kid and girl and don’t get suspended... Plus get an extension. Nice

6 hours ago, BZski said:

Wow! I hope the Chiefs fail miserably now. I guess character means nothing to them?

I see you have not been keeping up. Character is one of the reasons why he got the deal.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Watson to Hopkins begs to differ.

Tough act, but I'll take Mahomes/Hill. I would hate to game plan the defense either way. 

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Today’s news, between the Hill extension and Brown’s playing status - just more reminders that talent always trumps character.

See first comment. This was a case of entrapment and he was able to prove it. 

J

6 hours ago, BZski said:

Character is part of football...is it not?

A lot of topics the mods close don’t make sense and have everything to do with football. They are just avoiding the very small chance at a lawsuit, at least Webby is. The Mods probably work for free and 100% of this sites revenue goes to the owner. 

55 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

See first comment. This was a case of entrapment and he was able to prove it. 

J

We’re not allowed to get into the details, but as someone who went to school studying law/CJ and a current LEO - no, that’s not entrapment. 

On a football note: I don’t see how the Chiefs don’t run away into the AFCCG, at least. If they had a name or two in the secondary they’d be lethal. This secures their future. Have to wonder if their draft goes the same if none of the Hill antics came about.

Edited by Yin-Yang

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

We’re not allowed to get into the details, but as someone who went to school studying law/CJ and a current LEO - no, that’s not entrapment. 

On a football note: I don’t see how the Chiefs don’t run away into the AFCCG, at least. If they had a name or two in the secondary they’d be lethal. This secures their future. Have to wonder if their draft goes the same if none of the Hill antics came about.

I think the draft would have been the same or at least very similar. Going into the draft we wanted a CB and they were all gone by our pick. We also only had two WR under contract going into 2020, Watkins and Pringle, so we needed a WR no matter what. The consensus has always been that we're likely cutting Sammy Watkins after this year for cap reasons.

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think the draft would have been the same or at least very similar. Going into the draft we wanted a CB and they were all gone by our pick. We also only had two WR under contract going into 2020, Watkins and Pringle, so we needed a WR no matter what. The consensus has always been that we're likely cutting Sammy Watkins after this year for cap reasons.

Possibly. There were some good players there still (Adderley) and with the run on CBs, I would’ve moved up a little for Greedy or Rock Ya-Sin.

If Hill is a non-issue in April, would KC have went with a non-speed guy? Arcega-Whiteside was right there, so was Hakeem Butler. 

Shrug. Another note, yeah, that Watkins deal was bad from the get-go.