Chiefs extend WR Tyreek Hill (3 years, $54M)

Broncofan

3 years is perfect. Hill will still have his speed and PM will be getting paid and then Hill can be moved or not resigned to free up the next weapon for PM. I knew Andy Reid was going to drive me nutz in KC. Making the team competitive every season really gets in my Raiders way...No wait...We get in our own way. Davis gets his crush of a coach and gives him 10/100. Coach plays hard ball with Mack and loses team chemistry his first season, as well as 12 games. So now coach kisses the rear of another player and the result won't be much better...

If KC kept Hunt I think they go to and win the Super Bowl last year. Shady if healthy seals the deal this year. DAM YOU REID!!!

21 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Interesting that he only got 3 years and basically 2 guaranteed.   Other WR deals at his age / level of play are usually 5+ with 3-4 guaranteed to stick given the dead cap.  Obviously KC limited their risk and Hill wisely decided to go along.  

With the CBA, and more importantly, the TV contracts that will be renegotiated and renewed during that period, Hill is better (and wisely at that) on the cap going up at the end of his contract and him once again hitting the market in what could be an unprecedented FA year if the chips fall the way many expect them to fall that are watching this.  You are going to see very short extensions like this, and as we get closer, maybe even one year deals, as we get closer.  

On 9/8/2019 at 4:11 AM, Tugboat said:

Honestly deserved.  The off-field stuff still leaves me skeptical...but on the field, he was probably the real MVP last year.  He makes that Chiefs offense run like it does, because he's such a threat in so many dimensions.

Kinda fitting he gets injured last week? Karma!