Who's going to be the Dolphins starting QB in three years?

TheKillerNacho

QB?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the starting QB of the Dolphins three years from now?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Hebert
    • Josh Rosen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Justin Fields
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Other player drafted in the next few seasons (please specify)
    • Other veteran (please specify)
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to be starting QB of the Dolphins three years from now?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Hebert
    • Josh Rosen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Justin Fields
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Other player drafted in the next few seasons (please specify)
    • Other veteran (please specify)

Thread title. Well actually there's two elements here.

Who do you want as Dolphins QB in three years time and who do you think we'll end up having at QB? In the midst of all this tanking and the Gase "leak" that we want Tua, I'm inclined to think that's the end game. Of course there's also the Rosen conundrum. Honestly if it were me I'd just tank next year too for Trevor.... but I feel like the Dolphins FO wants to be competitive sooner than later.

Curious to see Dolphins fans weigh in on this.

I think Flores and Grier have seen enough from Rosen to know he's good. Hence the old-school Sit And Learn approach for an almost-rookie guy that didn't step into the building until 4 months ago. Thrown To the Wolves Part 2 was not a movie they wanted to see. 

I like how Rosen slings the ball, it's got pop. You can tell he's a noob though, kinda jittery. A year from now he'll be more confident and not so noobish. But will he take over much sooner than next year? Week 5? Week 10?

I really hope Josh Rosen plays like a franchise QB when he gets his chance so Miami will not have to chance wasting picks on another hopeful franchise QB next year. Tua Tagovailoa  scares me to death, I think about  half of the top 25 college QBs at the end of this season could look just as Tua does if they played for Saban at Alabama. Trevor Lawrence is my favorite at the moment but that could change by years end, I really do just hope that Rosen bust out this year when he gets his chance, I can already tell he is better in the pocket the Tannehill ever was it is just a matter of his he good enough.

I like Tua, and I'm 100% positive that so do the Dolphins.  Our current GM and HC were raised by Bellicheat and so was little Nicky.  Jalen Hurt looked good at Alabama, but once Tua took over it totally transformed the same team into an explosive behemoth.  Tua has great touch and can make all the throws.  I see a player that has the potential to develop into an elite NFL QB.  What more could you ask for from a number 1 overall pick???  My only question is will we spend some of our draft capital chasing after WR Jerry Jeudy to pair with Tua???  I would love to see them both as Dolphins, but I would rather secure our OLine of the future before spending draft picks to go after an elite WR prospect.

I fully believe they will be picking Tua this next April.  Kid is a player, so it's tough to be angry about it.  

But I would also pass on a QB in 2020.  Trade the 1st overall pick to the team desperate for Tua for a king's ransom, and build a team with those picks.  At least 2 of the 1st/2nd rounders need to be Olinemen.  

On 9/9/2019 at 11:30 AM, hrubes20 said:

But I would also pass on a QB in 2020.  Trade the 1st overall pick to the team desperate for Tua for a king's ransom, and build a team with those picks.  At least 2 of the 1st/2nd rounders need to be Olinemen.  

Now with the trade back what would you want as compensation?

they currently have 13 picks in 2020  with almost 2 picks in every round. 

they also have 9 picks in 2021 with 2 in the first and second rounds. 

would you consider taking 2022 picks?

Id love to get a 2022 1st at least in that deal. I like having multiple 1s in each draft .

1 hour ago, Iced_Earth said:

As a long-time Fins fan, this still boggles the mind everytime I think about it. 

I do not trust Alabama QB's under Saban, none of them are successful in the NFL. 

Q. How do you make an Alabama QB invisible?

A. Draft him

1 hour ago, Iced_Earth said:

Now with the trade back what would you want as compensation?

they also have 9 picks in 2021 with 2 in the first and second rounds. 

would you consider taking 2022 picks?

Id love to get a 2022 1st at least in that deal. I like having multiple 1s in each draft .

That would be the goal.  But you couldn't be mad about a deal that adds multiple 2nds the next few year, either. Something like:

2020 1st rounder (1st overall)

for

2020 1st rounder (5th overall) / 2020 2nd rounder / 2020 4th rounder / 2021 2nd rounder / 2021 3rd rounder

3 hours ago, FinSting said:

As a long-time Fins fan, this still boggles the mind everytime I think about it. 

I do not trust Alabama QB's under Saban, none of them are successful in the NFL. 

Q. How do you make an Alabama QB invisible?

A. Draft him

In fairness, Tua is by far the most talented QB that Alabama has had under Saban.

While it's true that Alabama can win without a super talented QB simply because of their talent level, that doesn't mean that there's necessarily wrong with Alabama QBs.

While I'd prefer waiting for Lawrence, if we're in a position to draft Tua (and we most likely will be), I don't see how we can pass on him. There's no guarentee we'll be this awful next year.