Who's going to be the Dolphins starting QB in three years?

TheKillerNacho

QB?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the starting QB of the Dolphins three years from now?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Hebert
    • Josh Rosen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Justin Fields
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Other player drafted in the next few seasons (please specify)
    • Other veteran (please specify)
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to be starting QB of the Dolphins three years from now?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Hebert
    • Josh Rosen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Justin Fields
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Other player drafted in the next few seasons (please specify)
    • Other veteran (please specify)

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

5th year option is only available for 1st round picks. And even then, the trend seems to be that 1st rounder who are worth a damn will get extended before the 5th year.

Exactly.  Re-Signing all at the same time is not an issue was my point.....

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hard nope. With QBs, you want the con concensus #1 guy in a draft or it's better off not even bothering. I did the legwork on it, and the drop off is staggering.

I'd definitely agree with you if we were sitting with just the 1st pick. But we're not. We already have a slew of picks to build around a QB. This isn't the usual situation of a team picking 1st overall, where picking up a lot of picks for it is a fantastic play. The Dolphins very well may not be in this position again for some time - it would be foolish to not pull the trigger on Tua if they feel he's a franchise QB. We have capitol to build around him in 2020 and 2021.

I also don't think it's forcing the pick at all. Forcing the pick on a QB is usually done on the 2nd or 3rd guy in the draft.

If that's the path you want to take then I'll respect it. I just pray to god you use those picks on OL / RB / WR and not the defensive side of the ball. Put talent around him that will help him build confidence and not get him killed out there.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

If that's the path you want to take then I'll respect it. I just pray to god you use those picks on OL / RB / WR and not the defensive side of the ball. Put talent around him that will help him build confidence and not get him killed out there.

Definitely the bolded.

Wouldn't care to touch RB or WR early, personally.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No, you still resign them all at the same time. lol

Even if you do one or two a year after the others, you're still burdened by the contracts at the same time. That's the point.

Ok. Clearly I misunderstood your concern about worring about resigning rooks

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Definitely the bolded.

Wouldn't care to touch RB or WR early, personally.

I'm operating under the strength of class versus the weakness of the roster mindset here. WR/RB is absolutely stacked. It doesn't need to be a Day 1 pick but investments there should be made in Day 2 at WR at least and early Day 3 for RB imho.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, Deadeye said:

Hopefully the FO agrees with us.  But who knows, Jeudy might be drafted with one of our natural picks.  I would not complain about that.

That would be awesome!!!  I would love to have a Tua + Jeudy combo without giving up any extra picks to make it happen.