Week 1 Games

Leader

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But it's funny when Detroit keeps spending top 10 picks on WRs and TEs...

(Seriously, of the last 10 top 10 picks the Lions of have made they've picked 2 TEs, 2 QBs, 4 WRs, an edge rusher, and an off-ball LB).

Ha True, still I don’t want Det to get a Calvin Johnson again. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But it's funny when Detroit keeps spending top 10 picks on WRs and TEs...

(Seriously, of the last 10 top 10 picks the Lions of have made they've picked 2 TEs, 2 QBs, 4 WRs, an edge rusher, and an off-ball LB).

Before the receivers and more receivers kick, Detroit were on an O linemen kick for years. They loved the hugest of guys though, and not the best players, so they flamed out on O line picks time and again. 6'8" guys and 350+lb guys seldom play well. Too many like Juan Roque, Aaron Gibson, Stockar McDougal.

It was never any fun to rip on the Detroit fans I have met. They were usually nice people whose dad was born in Michigan or something. I’d be thinking, “Wow...they suck so bad and you really aren’t aware of that at all.”

So it’s really annoying that they keep beating us. It’s like having the Washington Generals kick your butt. It shouldn’t happen, but you have to live with the fact that it did. 

On 9/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, Arthur Penske said:

Tied with the Vikes for last. Even better IMO.

Hoping Julio is pumped to prove he's worth his big, new contract and exposes Rhodes to be overpaid and over-the-hill.

A Queens' loss at home would make this just a delicious opening weekend in the NFC North.

(Can't pretend to care if the Lions win in the desert or not).

On 9/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, Uffdaswede said:

It was never any fun to rip on the Detroit fans I have met. They were usually nice people whose dad was born in Michigan or something. I’d be thinking, “Wow...they suck so bad and you really aren’t aware of that at all.”

So it’s really annoying that they keep beating us. It’s like having the Washington Generals kick your butt. It shouldn’t happen, but you have to live with the fact that it did. 

We've had a couple of down years....nothing more. Prior to - we beat them regularly - which I'm sure we'll begin to do once again and the universe will regain its equilibrium :)

Ian Rapoport: That is a quick ascension for the second-rounder who impressed in camp:

Browns rookie CB Greedy Williams will start opposite Denzel Ward, according to Browns coaches. He battled Terrance Mitchell for the starting job in the preseason. Williams should see action in certain packages.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:32 PM, Outpost31 said:

That's going to kill me because right now the Raiders would have the first overall pick.  Come on, Dorian.  Wipe out all stadiums.  Packers Super Bowl champions. 

The good thing about the Raiders having the first pick is they'll screw it up, so there's still a 1st round talent on the board after they grab some donkey way too high. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Uffdaswede said:

I'm from the UP, and I have one guy who's a fervent Det fan and does the usual dumb stuff (i.e. jokes insinuating Packer fans are gay), and he was absolutely wound up and jumping up and down when Det swept GB the last 2 years. He got even angrier when I didn't even rise to it - "eh, our season was trash anyway; you should enjoy this, you deserve some happiness!" 

I think he was infuriated that I didn't even treat him like a division rival. He sees the crap I throw at my friends who root for Min and Chi.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I probably account for 14% of Canada's exports with all the Crown Royal I drink.  Just being a good neighbor, eh?

I saw a meme that compared a 21 yr old going jogging after a night of drinking vs a 25 yr old feeling like a corpse. 

I wanted to find the creator and tell them "oh, you have ZERO idea of what you're in for from your mid-30s on." There's nothing quite like the realisation that your hangover is, indeed, making you feel a bit off for a 2nd day. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1