Week 1 Games

Leader

The Vikings looked tough today. DL, linebackers, secondary.... right across the board. 

Dalvin Cook is a beast. Thielen and Diggs are really good and Cousins is incredibly accurate. 

I expect improvement from our offense in its second week and at home. I expect our defense to be much more menacing than ATL. It’s gonna be a slugfest. Whoever gets more than 20 probably wins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Every year the Patriots look unstoppable early they lose late and every year they look pedestrian early they’re unstoppable late.  This is a good sign.

I don't think that's true at all. I think you're mostly just drawing from last year and 2007.

EDIT: I should say, I think over the past decade they've generally been a team that starts out a bit slow but then comes together and improves over the course of the season

Edited by DannyB

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I don't think that's true at all. I think you're mostly just drawing from last year and 2007.

EDIT: I should say, I think over the past decade they've generally been a team that starts out a bit slow but then comes together and improves over the course of the season

Let us believe they will fall apart!

15 minutes ago, DannyB said:

2018 - started 2-2, ended 11-5, won the superbowl.

2017 - started 2-2 (I believe this is the year Brady missed the first 4), ended 13-3, lost the superbowl

2016 - went 14-2, beat Atlanta in the great choke-bowl

2015 - started 10-0, ended 12-4, lost in the AFC Championship

yeah I give up, I don't see any pattern.  They seem to be a conference championship lock no matter what.

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

2018 - started 2-2, ended 11-5, won the superbowl.

2017 - started 2-2 (I believe this is the year Brady missed the first 4), ended 13-3, lost the superbowl

2016 - went 14-2, beat Atlanta in the great choke-bowl

2015 - started 10-0, ended 12-4, lost in the AFC Championship

yeah I give up, I don't see any pattern.  They seem to be a conference championship lock no matter what.

It's their birth right, and it's annoying.

EDIT: 2016 is when Brady was suspended. They went 3-1 with their backup QBs, and won the Super Bowl in overtime. It was like apex Patriots.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, boratt said:

The Vikings looked tough today. DL, linebackers, secondary.... right across the board. 

Dalvin Cook is a beast. Thielen and Diggs are really good and Cousins is incredibly accurate. 

I expect improvement from our offense in its second week and at home. I expect our defense to be much more menacing than ATL. It’s gonna be a slugfest. Whoever gets more than 20 probably wins. 

I watched the game. ATL was real bad the first half. It'll be a challenge, but I like the Packers chances next week.

9 hours ago, boratt said:

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I watched the game. ATL was real bad the first half. It'll be a challenge, but I like the Packers chances next week.

Atlanta was horrible. All of the VIkings scores were result of turnover or blocked punt. In other words, Atlanta mistakes. 

We won a tough road game with a rusty offense.

They won at home against an opponent who played very poorly and is probably not very good. 

I like our chances at home because the grass and lack of crowd noise will slow down the Vikings defense, a lot. 

• Like 1