Great Expectations - What does your team need to accomplish to make you happy?

Webmaster

I am a serious fan of 3 teams due to my age  and moving around. Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo. I know it is a terrible group but what can I do.

It would be nice if Detroit made the playoffs, but I doubt it happens.

I would prefer Cleveland to finish in last place and get the #1 overall pick in the draft again. That is the only way this franchise may finally get a franchise QB. Failure to land a top 3 pick would likely doom this franchise as a bottom feeder for the next decade.

I would have to say ditto for Buffalo. Winning 6 or 7 games every year, is just dooming them to constant mediocrity, which will continue as long as they lack a franchise QB. Please, bring on a top 3 pick, so we can get somebody to play QB who is capable of winning a SB, because Taylor will never get the job done. 

Vikings:

1.  I don't care about record as much as seeing a team that competes to the best of its ability each week.

2.  With the talent on defense, they should be about top 5.

3. Sam Bradford taking care of the ball, but also being more aggressive in making plays.

4. An improved offensive line.  The talent may not be there yet, but the effort needs to be.

5.  Continued development of offensive skill players.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:39 AM, Iamcanadian said:

It would be nice if Detroit made the playoffs, but I doubt it happens.

Detroit has made the playoffs 3 of the last 6 seasons. They have yet to win a playoff game, which I believe they need to do to take that next step. But I don't think them making the playoffs is unfathomable. 

7-8 wins.

This would really go a long ways for this franchise, especially if we went .500/over .500. But hovering right around that mark would show quite a bit of improvement and likely shows that we are essentially a half way decent QB away from contending for the playoffs. We'll see what happens but my confidence in Blake isn't high, so if we hit this mark this likely means Fournette/OL did a very solid job and our defense continues to really get good pressure and be lock down with Bouye/Ramsey in the secondary.

Archived