Chiefs @ Jags WEEK ONE GDT

Chiefer

22 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Thornhill is going to be a monster. I would hope for Earl Thomas, but he isn't that physical. Still, there will Pro Bowls in his future. Fuller is getting a chance to play to his strengths, which is a good thing, but it points out that he is a limited player. As you say, Mathieu played coverage all day. Eventually, that will be Thornhill's role. You mention Breeland (not to be confused with Breeland Speaks) who had a PD and a FR, but I did not notice him much. Perhaps that'a good thing, because Ward got picked on.

I was expecting significant improvement from the LB corps. The old defense was so complex that young players couldn't grasp a lot of it. This one is much more instinctive and plays to our athleticism. The downside is that it can get predictable. Still, like Fuller, Hitchens is much looser and looked like the player we signed. Damien Wilson also looked good. OTOH it's like Ragland and Lee never got on the field. 

You did not mention the DL, which is a shame. They were very good. The Jags chose to double Clark and Jones as much as possible, but the other guys made plays. Okafor, Ogbah, Nnadi all had solid games. My heart went out to Okafor when he tipped the pass and came inches short of a pock-6. Obviously, Frank Clark did pull one down. 

On the other side of the ball, Mahomes is now 4-0 against top-5 defenses, rating the Jags on 20018. Watkins had the most impressive Chiefs WR games since Stephone Paige had 256 yards and 2 TD in the first half.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198512220kan.htm

Thornhill was pretty physical in college, and had the most tackles against the Jags.

I feel like with our CBs we cant get too complicated, like you said it makes us faster but its also a liability at times with predictability.

Ragland was inactive against the Jags so youre right in that he didnt show up.

40 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Thornhill was pretty physical in college, and had the most tackles against the Jags.

I feel like with our CBs we cant get too complicated, like you said it makes us faster but its also a liability at times with predictability.

Ragland was inactive against the Jags so youre right in that he didnt show up.

Ragland actually was not on the field, but Lee and DoD had no impact that I noticed. The stats have 1 tackle and 1 assist between them. 

J

10 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

What are your guys' thought on the RB situation going forward? Fantasy related but i was offered Ertz for D. Williams. 

Unlike most people, I didn't think Shady was falling off (watched every Bills game) and it proved Sunday as he looked really good. Not sure if they'll split carries all year or if there's any chance McCoy steps up as the main RB but wanted to get KC fans who watch and track the team closer than i do. thanks

I wouldn't count on any of our RBs in fantasy this year. Williams was going to be the bellcow, but with McCoy back there and Thompson stepping up, it's going to be a crapshoot stats wise. I think Williams and McCoy split the bulk, and they just ride the hot hand week to week for the most part. Something like 45% Williams, 45% McCoy, 10% Thompson. Could still be useful fantasy wise with just how much we score, but I wouldn't trust either guy as an every week starter.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:10 AM, Chiefer said:

I thought the run D was better.

They also have up half the points in the 4th quarter in garbage time

It felt like they were getting gashed in the first half. Same old bend but don't break defense, that stays on the field for long periods of time and is painful to watch. I get that they only gave up 26 points and a bunch were in garbage time but they were also playing a horrendous offensive team with a rookie, 6th round QB.

I was just not impressed. They need to get more aggressive and get after the QB. If they give up big plays, so be it; at least be aggressive. You have the best offense in the league, stop with the bend but don't break nonsense.

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things:

1. Congrats on the win, even without Hill your offense looked incredible

2. Were you at all surprised Jones didn't get flagged/fined for the hit on Foles? I mean it wouldn't have impacted the game at all because we scored on the play and no one really cares about fines but did you expect one to come?

Nope. That I think was a clean hit. It was unfortunate that Foles got hit from both sides simultaneously, and Jones ultimately landed on top of him.