Bold Predictions Thread

sp6488

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Lamar Jackson will be in the MVP conversation to end the season

I found someone in the media who agrees with you

Also (as much as one of my dynasty teams would love it) 1000 rushing yards is very bold on its own imo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I found someone in the media who agrees with you

Also (as much as one of my dynasty teams would love it) 1000 rushing yards is very bold on its own imo

😂 Hilarious skit.

But for real, I agree with him. Dropping back as a passer and running vs running from designed run formations will make the difference in the kind of yards he picks up.

Last year we saw a lot of bruising yards, whereas I think Lamar can easily average 65 yards a game just from being in shotgun or off-bootlegs and forcing defenses to choose to either spy him (even still, how many spies are fast enough to stick with Jackson in the open field without him getting 10 yards first) or run zone concepts and allow Hollywood and Mandrews to be zonebusters.

- Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, and Matt Judon all notch 10 or more Sacks each.

- Hayden Hurst has a 'Catch of the Year'' nominee type play.

- Lamar will have at least 2 TD receptions.

- Peanut will have more than 5 interceptions.

- NFL Media by and large actually acknowledges that Marlon Humphrey exists.

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 12:24 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Lamar Jackson will be in the MVP conversation to end the season after the Ravens finish 12-4, secure a first round bye; along with Lamar throwing for 3716 yds, 28 TDs, 11 Ints; Rush for 1042 yds, 10 TDs, 6 fumbles.

Lamar is currently on pace to finish with 3612 passing yards, 30 TDs, 8 INTs; Rush for 1260 yds, 10 TDs, 6 fumbles.

So in total I he’s currently projected at totals of 4872 total yards and 40 total TDs, with 14 total turnovers; my prediction had him at totals of 4758 total yards and 38 total TDs, with 17 total turnovers.

So far Jackson is outplaying my predicted stats for him. But as it stands my totals to this point have been pretty spot on.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:40 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Also Hollywood Brown goes for 850 receiving yards and 6 TDs; plus an additional 150 yds rushing and 2 TDs. Brown successfully puts himself on the map as the next elite NFL deep threat receiver, suddenly the DeSean Jackson comparisons transform into Isaac Bruce comparisons.

So I had Brown going for 850 and 6 receiving yards. He’s on pace for 835 and 7 TDs having missed two games. Thought he would be utilized in the run game though with his speed. But with his ankle issues, it makes sense that’s not the case. This prediction was close. Though he hasn’t really elevated himself into an Isaac Bruce level of comparison this season.

• Like 4

Didn't we have another thread with out predictions for this year?

It would be interesting to see our expectations for Boykin and Hill. So far it seems most of us had too high expectations of hill, although he could go off in the last half of the season and break a couple of big runs. I believe I had him around 450 yards and 3 TD's for the year. I think he is way behind that.

One positive is they have used him as a flexed out runningback who runs deep routes against off man coverage. I think that is a great way to utilize his skillset, atleast as a decoy and a way to create room underneath on routes towards the sideline.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Danand said:

Didn't we have another thread with out predictions for this year?

It would be interesting to see our expectations for Boykin and Hill. So far it seems most of us had too high expectations of hill, although he could go off in the last half of the season and break a couple of big runs. I believe I had him around 450 yards and 3 TD's for the year. I think he is way behind that.

One positive is they have used him as a flexed out runningback who runs deep routes against off man coverage. I think that is a great way to utilize his skillset, atleast as a decoy and a way to create room underneath on routes towards the sideline.

Yeah I thought there was another thread but I didn’t know which one. I know I posted the Lamar MVP in a few different spots around this forum and was treated like DeAngelo Hall in that video.

Honestly I just thought Mahomes or Rodgers would put up a 45-50 TD season that Lamar couldn’t necessarily compete with given our style of play as an offense.

But it’s really been the perfect storm to this point. Mahomes going down and Moore picking up some games for them hurts Mahomes chances even considering his mostly stellar play that if he had been healthy would’ve been on the same trajectory as Wilson. Lamar beating out Mahomes AND Wilson would’ve been next to impossible. Too many haters out there who think the MVP is only about passing the ball OR they will concede that a RB having a special year can get consideration.

Luckily Cam Newton established a bit of a new precedence, but old thinking still weighs quite heavy. Point is now that it’s only a two horse race, I like Lamar’s chances.