Chris Jones

valkrei

There is still plenty of time for him to get paid. Got a full season to work on a deal still. I think he put himself last in the queue to get extended when he started talking about skipping practice.

But, I don't think you'd get appropriate value. We'd want compensation for an elite player at a premium position entering the prime of his career. The rest of the NFL would just see us trying to unload a $20M per year debt and would factor the money into the trade compensation.

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There is still plenty of time for him to get paid. Got a full season to work on a deal still. I think he put himself last in the queue to get extended when he started talking about skipping practice.

But, I don't think you'd get appropriate value. We'd want compensation for an elite player at a premium position entering the prime of his career. The rest of the NFL would just see us trying to unload a $20M per year debt and would factor the money into the trade compensation.

But didn't tyreek skip practices all off-season?

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

But didn't tyreek skip practices all off-season?

Not because of a contract dispute. Unless I'm misremembering things. Jones skipped a mandatory camp and threatened holdout because he wanted a deal. I dont think Hill missed anything except what the team held him out from.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Not because of a contract dispute. Unless I'm misremembering things. Jones skipped a mandatory camp and threatened holdout because he wanted a deal. I dont think Hill missed anything except what the team held him out from.

Yeah but which is worse, holding out because you're underpaid for the work you produce, or being on the exempt list because of alleged domestic issues?

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but which is worse, holding out because you're underpaid for the work you produce, or being on the exempt list because of alleged domestic issues?

Given that the team is taking the stance that those alleged things did not occur, definitely the former.