I guess we do not have a week 1 GDT:

BarryTheBest

So.. I have never set this up, but hopefully my guided optimism will produce some results.

What is everyone looking for besides the dub?

My thoughts;

1. Dline- lets set the tone.

2. Offense- lets show that nice balance only the west coast offense can. Consistent rush yardage with that beautiful play action.

3. Hock- That is all

4. Safety tandem- Diggs is a probowl player while Tracy Walker has break out written all over him.

Lets hear it all players.. I am pumped!!!

Lions win on the road.. 31- 17.

The tough thing about this game is, there are two units on the team which we're assuming will be better, that we've been told will be better, but we haven't seen it because none of our offensive or defensive linemen have really played in preseason.

So here's my optimistic prediction: the Lions OL comes out and looks at the very least acceptable against a poor defense and our very good skill position players have an easy day making plays. On defense, the DL all look healthy and get after Murray, limiting his unpredictable playmaking ability. Lions roll pretty easily, 34-17 or so 

My pessimistic prediction: the Lions OL doesnt look measurably better than last year, we don't run the ball well enough to keep it away from Murray, and our tackles can't handle veterans Jones and Suggs. On D, our linemen are hurt and inconsistent, Murray gets outside the pocket early and often and looks like Michael Vick. Cardinals win 24-13

9 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

The tough thing about this game is, there are two units on the team which we're assuming will be better, that we've been told will be better, but we haven't seen it because none of our offensive or defensive linemen have really played in preseason.

So here's my optimistic prediction: the Lions OL comes out and looks at the very least acceptable against a poor defense and our very good skill position players have an easy day making plays. On defense, the DL all look healthy and get after Murray, limiting his unpredictable playmaking ability. Lions roll pretty easily, 34-17 or so 

My pessimistic prediction: the Lions OL doesnt look measurably better than last year, we don't run the ball well enough to keep it away from Murray, and our tackles can't handle veterans Jones and Suggs. On D, our linemen are hurt and inconsistent, Murray gets outside the pocket early and often and looks like Michael Vick. Cardinals win 24-13

Sucks that we as Lions fan have to bascially plan for a potential unraveling. That said, things feel different for me this year.. Hopefully the pessimistic outcome doesnt come to fruition.

Edited by BarryTheBest

Well, Hoping to hear about a great D-line/Defense.

Improved offense too, hopefully, I need questions to be answered along the line. 

Some sort of validation for Hock plus the money on James. 

Kerryon to continue to look good. 

Hear about a win. 

Prolly not going to watch the game though honestly, I've spent too much time over the years on this team to give them much attention till they do something. 

I really hope they don't just keep running it out of shotgun formation.

Want to see some good play calling.

No penalties.

No huge plays given up on D.

Stuff the Run.

Expect the run game for us to barely be there. Around 60-80 yards total is my guess. 

Stafford goes 225yards 3TD 2INT

Fingers crossed for Hock, Fulgham, Kerryon, Golladay, Jahlani. 

Is Jahlani filling in for Jarrad Davis? Or have they been practicing as ILB in a 3-4 together? or one play outside? or both just the mike? and one is the backup for now? 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Well, Hoping to hear about a great D-line/Defense.

Improved offense too, hopefully, I need questions to be answered along the line. 

Some sort of validation for Hock plus the money on James. 

Kerryon to continue to look good. 

Hear about a win. 

Prolly not going to watch the game though honestly, I've spent too much time over the years on this team to give them much attention till they do something. 

Are you an auctioneer? Lol. Just kidding.

• Like 1