2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

I will sound insensitive, but something I’ve noticed about our players. As a franchise we are too accepting of guys making “business decisions.”  

We need to continue to add talent and promote competition as much as possible. Guys will magically stop feeling hurt if they know there’s a guy right behind him ready to take his job. It’s what Pittsburgh has done for years.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I will sound insensitive, but something I’ve noticed about our players. As a franchise we are too accepting of guys making “business decisions.”  

We need to continue to add talent and promote competition as much as possible. Guys will magically stop feeling hurt if they know there’s a guy right behind him ready to take his job. It’s what Pittsburgh has done for years.

I don’t think that’s something that happens in a year or two though.  Pittsburgh has been building that defense for god knows how long, the OL for a while now.  They add a receiver every year and just let them develop slowly and when they’re needed they’re ready.

They also don’t let their top talent leave, nor do they swing for the fences in free agency or player trades.

Essentially they are a 180 of us.

• Like 1

Our OT situation on both sides is an abject disaster.

Our RG situation is also lousy.

Our DL depth is awful and even with a fully available Myles we need another guy opposite him.

Our Safeties are both terrible and even with healthy Randall is average there.

We are seeing now that this team is still just 2 years removed from an 0-16 roster, as the depth is extremely noticeable and half of these replacements aren't NFL caliber players...let alone the subpar starters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Guys that I won’t miss: Kirksey, Higgins, Murray, Stanton, and Randall. Your best ability is your availability. For one reason or another they weren’t available. They would need to agree to dirt cheap contracts to justify bringing them back.

Guys who need gone ASAP: Greg Robinson, Chris Hubbard, and the entire right guard rotation. These scrubs should never wear brown and orange in 2020.

Guys who need paid: Joe Schoebert, Juston Burris, and Ricky Seals Jones. Really liked what all 3 have provided. Also, start talking to Larry O about an extension.

I actually would keep him, he isn't nearly as bad as some other guys, as a matter of fact, he did really well against Watt last time we play Pittsburgh, I would keep him and have him compete with a stud rookie and at least have him as a quality back up

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Our OT situation on both sides is an abject disaster.

Our RG situation is also lousy.

Our DL depth is awful and even with a fully available Myles we need another guy opposite him.

Our Safeties are both terrible and even with healthy Randall is average there.

We are seeing now that this team is still just 2 years removed from an 0-16 roster, as the depth is extremely noticeable and half of these replacements aren't NFL caliber players...let alone the subpar starters.

Our RT is bad but our LT (Robinson is at least average)

We should have just stayed with Kush starting or just try our Forbes

I have been screaming about our DL depth all season and people were so adamant that we were fine, our depth is trash (Thomas is the lone bright spot)

Agreed, we are top heavy with horrible depth

Dorsey is proven, and has done so again. Resign Scho, tag Hunt, see if you can add some quality FA's on the lines and in the draft. 

The hard part is over. Finding the QB and developing him to the point where he's not going to flop. Hitting on those first couple picks. Myles, Denzel even if a bit inconsistent. 

What I find most interesting is the direction he will take. If a stud safety or CB is available? Seems to be working for the Ravens despite their lack of depth in the front 7. 

Trade for Trent or another OT? Sign one? Draft another?

Perhaps another DL in the 1st?

Keeping Baker healthy and giving him more time is priority number one. You can make that happen a couple ways though without even using that 1st rounder. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 5:26 AM, candyman93 said:

Yeah we have a very soft squad. Except for Garrett, who goes too hard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Which showes how bad he is. 

A pretty bad sining, especially since it may have cost us avery

Yeah that to me is the worst part.

How could we keep some of these guys over Avery.

He looked very good as a rookie coming from playing middle linebacker at a mid major college...

that is impressive in itself

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think hebis gone gone, dorsey wants no sachi stain left on the team.

Sig bet that, assuming he stays healthy and out of trouble, we don't let him walk for nothing? Kinda boring in here atm tbh--need something to spice things up. But yeah, would say there is close to a 0% chance that we let a player who will probably be an all pro this year ride in his prime with a clean bill of health just walk when we have a ton of cap. The narrative makes sense with the whole culling of the Sachi Brown herd and all, but let's not act like Dorsey is some idiot with a vendetta against Sachi or something. He isn't going to allow a proven contributor like that to just walk for no reason. It's really not the same situation as Genard Avery, despite how promising Avery looked.

Edited by NudeTayne