2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think hebis gone gone, dorsey wants no sachi stain left on the team.

I hate this notion that he will just get rid of Sashi guys. Joe won’t be worth the money if he is seeking a top tier contract. Joe is good but he truly isn’t a difference maker where that kind of money is worth it. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Which showes how bad he is. 

A pretty bad sining, especially since it may have cost us avery

You look at Avery, dude has taken only 20 defensive snaps for the eagles in 5 games. He was only a ST player last week for the eagles. Philly doesn’t have that great of DL depth and Avery is struggling to make an impact there too. He hasn’t recorded any kind of a defense stat the past 4 games either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hate this notion that he will just get rid of Sashi guys. Joe won’t be worth the money if he is seeking a top tier contract. Joe is good but he truly isn’t a difference maker where that kind of money is worth it. 

People keep saying this but name a player who’s been better for us defensively other than Garrett?

He’s great in coverage, can blitz well when asked to, very heady, durable, etc.

Other then Myles and Ward (mostly because of draft position and play last season) there is no one more deserving of a second contract.  He’s a legit building block and I’m not sure that’s even debatable at this point.

If we let him walk we deserve to continue sucking arse.

• Like 1

The ONLY and I do mean ONLY reason I could understand not resigning Joe is a philosophical shift. What I mean is if Dorsey wants to be an offensive team and focus most if not all attention to that side of the ball. You don’t let Joe go, unless you’re forking over big $$$$ to some stud offensive linemen.

This is just a hypothetical, but instead of giving Schoebert 15 mil, give Jack Conklin (or whoever) that money instead.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Agree.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People keep saying this but name a player who’s been better for us defensively other than Garrett?

He’s great in coverage, can blitz well when asked to, very heady, durable, etc.

Other then Myles and Ward (mostly because of draft position and play last season) there is no one more deserving of a second contract.  He’s a legit building block and I’m not sure that’s even debatable at this point.

If we let him walk we deserve to continue sucking arse.

He might be the 2nd or 3rd best defender in our defender, but that’s not saying much because the defense isn’t very good. I have no problem keeping him but if we get stuck paying him $15/16m a year, it’s gonna cost us potentially a better player in a year or two say like Chubb or something. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He might be the 2nd or 3rd best defender in our defender, but that’s not saying much because the defense isn’t very good. I have no problem keeping him but if we get stuck paying him $15/16m a year, it’s gonna cost us potentially a better player in a year or two say like Chubb or something. 

No it won’t cost us anything in the future. Not if you structure the contract the right way. Players rarely see their 3rd year without a restructure. 

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

What?  

Chubb still has 2 years on his deal.

We’re likely dropping 40ish million in cap space from guys like Carrie, Kirksey, Vernon, and Randall this offseason alone. Pay him 15 and you’re still 25 million ahead of where we are right now.

There’s zero reason to let him walk.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What?  

We’re likely dropping 40ish million in cap space from guys like Carrie, Kirksey, Vernon, and Randall this offseason alone. Pay him 15 and you’re still 25 million ahead of where we are right now.

Yeah, he is an impact player, literally worth 1-2wins per year with his play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What?  

Rather take that money and improve the OL and DL. Once those are addressed, then pay Schobert. I truly don’t think he is that impactful of a LB. he is good but truly only puts his stamp on a game like every 3 or 4 games. A stud LB should be making one every game and if you want $15m a year you better be that Stud LB

57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rather take that money and improve the OL and DL. Once those are addressed, then pay Schobert. I truly don’t think he is that impactful of a LB. he is good but truly only puts his stamp on a game like every 3 or 4 games. A stud LB should be making one every game and if you want $15m a year you better be that Stud LB

Who are these great OL and DL?  

How often does a truly impact OL or DL hit the market and when they do it’s a record setting deal and you are concerned we don’t have money for Schobert soooo...

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who are these great OL and DL?  

How often does a truly impact OL or DL hit the market and when they do it’s a record setting deal and you are concerned we don’t have money for Schobert soooo...

Money for Schobert isn’t worth it. Going after a lineman is tho