2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

On 1/16/2020 at 2:16 AM, AkronsWitness said:

He isn't the best against the run, but he is one of the best in the league against the pass and it is a LOT harder to find a LB with great coverage skills than it is to find a LB who is a early down run stopper

People always forget how we've been terrible against the run every since we got rid of Danny Shelton. Schobert was at his best when Shelton was on this roster. I personally am not a fan of playing a guy who is this bad against the run top-10 starter money but if we insist on doing so, at least protect him with really good 2 down 1 tech 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:15 AM, candyman93 said:

For depth / potential starter purposes, I’m looking at Ashawn Robinson from Detroit.

A'Shawn is a starter all the way especially if were involved. I like him but for the price we are going to have to pay him, you could trade/extend for Snacks Harrison (who is not happy in Detroit) which would do wonders for our defense

Based on what I am seeing in the playoffs we need a lot more talent and better coaching than I think most people realize.

With the possible exception of GB, we could not beat the other 4 finalists with the players we have today.

As for coaching, tbd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Based on what I am seeing in the playoffs we need a lot more talent and better coaching than I think most people realize.

With the possible exception of GB, we could not beat the other 4 finalists with the players we have today.

As for coaching, tbd.

Id like to see what we have with better coaching. If we came up against the 9ers we would have 300 yards rushing against us. 

The 9ers have the best front 7 and the best oline te/fb combo in the nfl by far. The cheifs oline is ok at tackle and meh inside and they are good at dline. 

The 9ers have scheme, coaching, and talent in the right plaves going for them. We dont have enough invested up front in my opinion. Dorsey built from the outside in, the 9ers, and the titans build from the inside out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

As for coaching, tbd.

It’s because they’re all built stronger on the offensive line.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Well they had 275 when they kicked our butts.

I remember it so well.

Moab, UT, just spent the day going back through Canyonlands and Dead Horse with my fam.  First game I have watched with my old man in a solid 10 years (we live in different cities).

I went to the only liquor store in Moab and picked up a killer selection of beers and went to the grocery store and grabbed an epic spread of meats and cheeses and snack food.

I’m slightly buzzed as the game starts.  We’re in the lounge area of the hotel with our food and beer as the wife and kids are at the pool. Literally a perfect setup imo.

We proceeded to get our arses waxed so bad I almost felt it myself.  We turned the game off at the half and he went to bed (he’s 84) and I got good and drunk while the family had a great time at the pool.

Such a missed opportunity....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I still want to trade for Trent Williams and try and sign Joe Thuney.

That fixes the offensive line right now

Id be surpised if analytics leads to trent at the price they will be asking. It could be vernon 2.0

Apparently a 1st was on the table last year, truly morons on their part for not taking it,  i doubt the price would have dropped by now. If he was on thr table for a 4th all over it, dukes 3rd the same, anymore it will be counter productive.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id be surpised if analytics leads to trent at the price they will be asking. It could be vernon 2.0

Apparently a 1st was on the table last year, truly morons on their part for not taking it,  i doubt the price would have dropped by now. If he was on thr table for a 4th all over it, dukes 3rd the same, anymore it will be counter productive.

Not on this site, but Redskins fans still think they can get a 1st for Trent.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not on this site, but Redskins fans still think they can get a 1st for Trent.

He has an injury history, wrong side of 30, hasnt played in a year, contract is ok, someone might pony up a 1st, but i dont think it us. 

I would like him though. Too bad we cant package something for him.

• Like 2

Just now, candyman93 said:

@AkronsWitness

How would you feel if we went after Chris Harris? I feel he’d be good for our lockeroom and secondary.

Hmmm thats interesting. Watching CHJ he wants one thing. Money. He took a 'hometown discount' a few years back to remain in DEN and now he wants to recoup some of that money he thinks was lost. I believe he is on record saying that he wants around 13-15 million per year. I have no clue what the Browns cap situation is, but the one thing I know is that he will be expensive and most likely go to the highest bidder.

Heres the other thing. He going to be 31 next season and is coming off a down year by his standards. A lot of people say it was because of the new system that had him play outside too often and he was barely utilized in the slot where he excels most. 

He is a great CB and has the ability to sort of change the attitude/standard of a entire secondary because he plays with sort of a championship mentality. The question is how much does he have left in the tank--Im guessing 2-3 more seasons after watching him play. If the Browns want him to stick in the slot, its going to cost them but he is very very good and would be great for the progression of Greedy/Ward.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He has an injury history, wrong side of 30, hasnt played in a year, contract is ok, someone might pony up a 1st, but i dont think it us. 

I would like him though. Too bad we cant package something for him.

I’d give up a third.

Is he great?  Yep, when he plays he’s fantastic.

He’s just old and injury prone.  There’s no reason to give up prime assets for that.