2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

46 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I cant see mack wilson playing sam though, he prefers spaceto contact. I think they would put kirko in at sam and mack at will. 

Also I think I'd a rather mack than murray on the feild, I'd go back to  a base 4-3 over big nickel.

You're absolutely right that Mack thrives in space as a "see it, go get it" free flowing LB. He often gets lost in traffic and finds himself in bad positions from a football play position-wise as well as with his eyes when he has thump the line or edge. 

However, Kirko is the agile, quick react smaller speed backer now and doesn't have the body type or play disposition to strong run fit or thump the edge at SAM anymore. Although such roles are often interchangeable between the SLB/WLB I think size and play responsibilities Wilson had at Bama for a third of the season let me know that if it's between Kirko and Mack for who might be a better fit at SAM it's Mack imo.

I'm with you in that I'd prefer other options to putting Murray on the field. I think Morgan Burnett, Jermaine Whitehead, and Sheldrick Redwine will see Slot duties the most with Burnett being the got to early season but by seasons end Whitehead and Redwine taking the majority of snaps there.

24 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You're absolutely right that Mack thrives in space as a "see it, go get it" free flowing LB. He often gets lost in traffic and finds himself in bad positions from a football play position-wise as well as with his eyes when he has thump the line or edge. 

However, Kirko is the agile, quick react smaller speed backer now and doesn't have the body type or play disposition to strong run fit or thump the edge at SAM anymore. Although such roles are often interchangeable between the SLB/WLB I think size and play responsibilities Wilson had at Bama for a third of the season let me know that if it's between Kirko and Mack for who might be a better fit at SAM it's Mack imo.

I'm with you in that I'd prefer other options to putting Murray on the field. I think Morgan Burnett, Jermaine Whitehead, and Sheldrick Redwine will see Slot duties the most with Burnett being the got to early season but by seasons end Whitehead and Redwine taking the majority of snaps there.

I’d be scared to see Mack try and tackle Derek Henry lol

24 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

So this is obviously completely random, but busting your balls earlier reminded me of your recommendation of Chimay and that I had a bomber of it in the basement.  

I went down and tossed in the freezer for a while and cracked it open a bit ago.  Damned good beer, thanks again for the recommendation.

Back on topic...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Thats if Derek Henry was good at football. Which he is not. It literally took him to week 14 last year to have over 60 rushing yards in a game. Seems like nobody in the NFL has that much of a problem tackling him

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats if Derek Henry was good at football. Which he is not. It literally took him to week 14 last year to have over 60 rushing yards in a game. Seems like nobody in the NFL has that much of a problem tackling him

He was a monster his final 4 games.

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He was a monster his final 4 games.

2 games in week 14-15. Outside of that his entire career has been below average at best. Those 2 weeks were the 4th time in his 3 year career he rushed over 100 yards in a game. Again, Derek Henry is not good at football. If he wasnt a high pick he would be on his 3rd team in 3 years right now.

He has rushed over 100 yards 4 times in 48 games. No bueno

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

2 games in week 14-15. Outside of that his entire career has been below average at best. Those 2 weeks were the 4th time in his 3 year career he rushed over 100 yards in a game. Again, Derek Henry is not good at football. If he wasnt a high pick he would be on his 3rd team in 3 years right now.

He has rushed over 100 yards 4 times in 48 games. No bueno

Yeah I'm not sold on him either. He did wreck a JAX defense that was giving little effort. I wouldn't put him close to Chubb's class.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They didn’t give him touches last year. They criminally underused him until the last couple games. 

Good write-up attempt by a writer I've never heard of before analyzing how many of the 18 Browns penalties were from poor technique versus a lack of discipline.

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/09/750177e01461/how-many-of-the-browns-18-penalties-against-the-titans-were-from-poor-technique-or-lack-of-discipline.html

The Verdict: 10 for Bad Technique.. 8 Lack of Discipline... A few could go either way imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Our cap is in good shape for 2020

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

$61,259,001

If we cut

Smith 
$3,750,000

Hubbbard $4,900,000
Burnett 3,500,000
Carrie $6,350,000
Kirksey  $7,550,000
taylor 2,400,000

That frees up north of 20 million or so, we can afford all 3 of ourmain free agents nad have cap for future stars. 

Take a bow Dorsey and De Podesta 

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Our cap is in good shape for 2020

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

$61,259,001

If we cut

Smith 
$3,750,000

Hubbbard $4,900,000
Burnett 3,500,000
Carrie $6,350,000
Kirksey  $7,550,000
taylor 2,400,000

That frees up north of 20 million or so, we can afford all 3 of ourmain free agents nad have cap for future stars. 

Take a bow Dorsey and De Podesta 

Just keep in mind most of that cap space is carryover.

It gives a falsely high impression of our actual number.