2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

There were a few players in the XFL today that showed a bit of NFL level ability. I hope we are scouting it

I wouldn’t want anyone from the XFL based off of one week

Edited by buno67

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Regardless of what system we run, the defense as a whole needs to have a nastier attitude. We need guys with personalities like Sheldon and Myles.

Guys that say “f*&$ you” and smack you in the mouth.

That attitude cost myles 7 games and an outside shot at dpoy

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That dude fell off a cliff.

He did but he looked like one of those guys that doesn't belong in the XFL either ,he dominated. I think they said during the telecast that he battled a lot of personal issues. If he has that side of his life in order, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a guy like him to compete for a rotational end, lord knows we need more of those types.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

Ryan Grigson and Andrew Berry love loved Clayton Geathers, NS/SS Indianapolis Colts as an ultimate team/culture guy with productivity on the field.

Between Joe Woods' connections to Anthony Harris, SS/FS Vikings, Jimmy Ward NS/SS 49ers, and now Berry/Grigson's connection to Clayton Geathers, NS/SS we really have to capitalize on recruiting 2 of the 3.

Anthony Harris out of the 3 has the most viable quality impact ability to play Free Safety with Jimmy Ward being a better match-up safety option relative to Geathers who's good in that role as well.

I wouldn't mind signing all 3 allowing Anthony Harris and Jimmy Ward to start with Sheldrick Redwine, and Clayton Geathers as back-ups.

Outside of Xavier Mckinney and Antoine Winfield there aren't a lot of safeties in this class that can come in and make a quality impact although there are quite of few longterm developmental pieces. I have a feeling that the smart, tough, and accountable on and off the field profile of will match with Ashtyn Davis, FS California sans the toughness, but I don't think he has the durability and physicality/tough mindset to be a real quality player above replacement level at the next level

The Eric Murray trade sending Ogbah out was so egregious because Murray is a UFA in 2020 as well. It would've been more worthwhile to give a young pass rusher another year of development and another look before he hit free agency. Ogbah was on pace for a 10 sack season and high quality pressure rate and run stuffs rate before he got injured playing for Kansas City.

• Like 2