2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Does anyone else see a glaring hole at DT? We had the 30th ranked rush defense, and got pushed around by every team we played. Sheldon(ideal size 3Tech) and Larry(ideal size 3Tech) have the same builds but we missing nose tackle in the 4-3. 

That said! Why trading down 2-3 spots and drafting a guy like Kinlaw isn’t more talked about. I like adding one proven veteran And a high pick or trade up for a OT in the late 1st or early second. Joe Thomas the goat even said zone schemes was his favorite scheme. It hides flaws in OT’s. So we can get a guy like Conklin or Trent Williams and add a high pick from the draft, we’d be set. 

Can you imagine Garrett, Kinlaw, Sheldon, FA-right DE like Arik Armstead. Size and pass rush was the key aspect for San Fran success. Larry can rotate in to keep everyone fresh but we need size on or Dline. 

Edited by BiscuitBrown

1 hour ago, BiscuitBrown said:

Does anyone else see a glaring hole at DT? We had the 30th ranked rush defense, and got pushed around by every team we played. Sheldon(ideal size 3Tech) and Larry(ideal size 3Tech) have the same builds but we missing nose tackle in the 4-3. 

That said! Why trading down 2-3 spots and drafting a guy like Kinlaw isn’t more talked about. I like adding one proven veteran And a high pick or trade up for a OT in the late 1st or early second. Joe Thomas the goat even said zone schemes was his favorite scheme. It hides flaws in OT’s. So we can get a guy like Conklin or Trent Williams and add a high pick from the draft, we’d be set. 

Can you imagine Garrett, Kinlaw, Sheldon, FA-right DE like Arik Armstead. Size and pass rush was the key aspect for San Fran success. Larry can rotate in to keep everyone fresh but we need size on or Dline. 

Our run defense had many holes, linebackers were an issue, strong safety also, pur edges were terrible. 

Richardson was solid last year and larry disappointing, i agree, that, we need a hod or two.

23 hours ago, BiscuitBrown said:

A)I like the way you think B) I have been on record for a while complaining about our DL depth, its pretty terrible, some of these guys are XFL caliber guys C) From your lips to God's ears, the DL of Garrett, Ogunjobi, Shelton, Armstead and Kinlaw rotating with Shelton, along with or two other high upside, fresh legged guys.

11 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

It probably won’t happen, but bringing back Danny Shelton would help tremendously in that regard.  Rotating him in on run downs would also keep Ogunjobi and Richardson more fresh to get after the passer.

And they could probably get him a really great price, he would do wonders for our run defense and it would be a third of the price a guy like Snacks Harrison would be asking

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve seen reports of Vernon expected to be released 

I don’t know why. Garrett pass rush productivity with pressures generated per snap was 15%, Vernon was 13.2%. The dude was creating pressures. Dude wasn’t killing it with the stat line but he was playing well. If they can truly upgrade the position do it, but don’t just cut him to save money and not address the other DE position properly 

• Like 3