2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know why. Garrett pass rush productivity with pressures generated per snap was 15%, Vernon was 13.2%. The dude was creating pressures. Dude wasn’t killing it with the stat line but he was playing well. If they can truly upgrade the position do it, but don’t just cut him to save money and not address the other DE position properly 

I really don't know what the obsession is with getting rid of Vernon.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I understand wanting Griffin

His legs are dead, I'm good on that. I need some fresh legs with some upside, this should be a last resort or a guy you bring in for a playoff push

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:26 PM, candyman93 said:

I’ve seen reports of Vernon expected to be released 

They better have a plan in place, I really don't want to be stuck with a Frostee Rucker type of signing, I at least want to have a rookie with upside along with a Ronald Blair, Emmanuel Ogbah, or even Robert Quinn on a 2 year with an option after a year type of guy. Shaq Barrett would be my #1 target  If I were them

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

-Also, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a guy like Andrew Billings to be a rotational guy

-I almost know for sure they will bring him back but a draft darling of mine from a few years ago (Javon Hargrave) is a free agent. Him in 4 man front would be such a destructive force inside. A move like this would win me over with this FO

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

His injury history does not project him as a reliable full-season player.

You have to factor that.

In future contracts, yes. Don't think he'll get one here, so I don't care.

Here is the question:

Who is on the market that will come in on a 1 year deal for no guaranteed money and give us 10 games of high quality play?

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

Who is on the market that will come in on a 1 year deal for no guaranteed money and give us 10 games of high quality play?

What the hell good is "10 games of high quality play", which imo is the high end expectation, and 6 games of no show?

We need a plan B that we almost certainly should be able to find through FA or the draft for less than $15mm

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What the hell good is "10 games of high quality play", which imo is the high end expectation, and 6 games of no show?

We need a plan B that we almost certainly should be able to find through FA or the draft for less than $15mm

But if we get rid of him then we need a plan B and a plan C, rather than just a plan B.