2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

12 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Everyone is talking about Vernon’s pressure percentage.  I would like to see what Chad Thomas’ pressure percentage was.  He looked decent to me and he did not have the benefit of playing opposite of Garrett.

Perhaps Vernon is plan A and Thomas is plan B. Then maybe we draft a designated pass rusher late in the draft to rotate in.

Edited by NudeTayne

8 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Everyone is talking about Vernon’s pressure percentage.  I would like to see what Chad Thomas’ pressure percentage was.  He looked decent to me and he did not have the benefit of playing opposite of Garrett.

Obunjobi was 8.3%
Chad Thomas was 6.5%

8 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

For comparison, Vernon was 13.2%

For comparison, following edge-rushers fit into same range as Vernon in pass-rush productivity:

Khalil Mack: 13.2%

Dante Fowler: 13.2%

Brandon Graham: 13.1%

Arik Armstead: 12.5%

Chandler Jones: 12.2%

Everson Griffen: 12.1%

Vernon also graded better against the run than any Browns defensive lineman, other than Sheldon Richardson, last season.

Edited by buno67
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

For comparison, Vernon was 13.2%

For comparison, following edge-rushers fit into same range as Vernon in pass-rush productivity:

Khalil Mack: 13.2%

Dante Fowler: 13.2%

Brandon Graham: 13.1%

Arik Armstead: 12.5%

Chandler Jones: 12.2%

Everson Griffen: 12.1%

Vernon also graded better against the run than any Browns defensive lineman, other than Sheldon Richardson, last season.

We should go hard after flowers. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

What the hell good is "10 games of high quality play", which imo is the high end expectation, and 6 games of no show?

We need a plan B that we almost certainly should be able to find through FA or the draft for less than $15mm

Find me a plan that allows all that money to be off the books next year.

You can try, but you won't find it. 

If you happen to find one, I will ask if it comes with a guarantee of no injuries.

• Like 1