2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Will obj try to force his way out at the end of the year? 

I hope him and baker work it out. 

I do too. I just don’t think it’s realistic to expect a prime HOF receiver to be content with 1100 yards, 2 TDs, and a 4-12 record in a city he’s not familiar with. Those are his current projections. On a national level, he’s been relatively obscure and may see himself being tied to this ship as too risky proposition to play out his prime and legacy. 

Hopefully he feels good about playing with Baker and whatever HC we come up with at seasons end. If not, I won’t have bad blood so long as he doesn’t stir up drama. He deserves to play things out in a situation he likes. Hoping it’s here. 

• Like 2

Stephen Carlson closed his eyes blocking and looked like he wanted no part sticking his nose in there playing patty cake on blocks. He's the worst TE blocker on the team. I wouldn't be shocked if what he put on tape gets him cut. On numerous occasions he literally goes in to block standing up all the way and on contact he turns around and seriously looks scared to punch.

Adarius Taylor is also washed. I don't know what happened to him lower body-wise but on Tampa Bay he still had some juice, but now he's one of the slowest LBs I've ever seen get snaps. He's lumbering on Special Teams snaps and it makes no sense why he should get snaps over Takitaki anmore.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mind Character said:

Stephen Carlson closed his eyes blocking and looked like he wanted no part sticking his nose in there playing patty cake on blocks. He's the worst TE blocker on the team. I wouldn't be shocked if what he put on tape gets him cut. On numerous occasions he literally goes in to block standing up all the way and on contact he turns around and seriously looks scared to punch.

Adarius Taylor is also washed. I don't know what happened to him lower body-wise but on Tampa Bay he still had some juice, but now he's one of the slowest LBs I've ever seen get snaps. He's lumbering on Special Teams snaps and it makes no sense why he should get snaps over Takitaki anmore.

This bit on Carlson is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while. He laid several blocks that helped Chubb get extra yardage. He’ll get to stay over pharaoh brown hopefully.

Also, if you notice, takitaki did get Taylor’s snaps at LB Thursday. 

Edited by pnies20

7 hours ago, pnies20 said:

This bit on Carlson is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while. He laid several blocks that helped Chubb get extra yardage. He’ll get to stay over pharaoh brown hopefully.

Also, if you notice, takitaki did get Taylor’s snaps at LB Thursday. 

Oh... my take on Carlson 9 days ago is the dumbest thing you've heard in a while huh?? Lol.

Given your level of elite Derp with Derp Derp logic that probably means I'm on the right track with my assessment.

My comments about Carlson were based in watching of each offensive snap up until the moment I posted them which was 10 days ago (the post you quoted was posted on the 12th of November).

In Carlson's snaps, in 6 or so blocking snaps that particular week he did just what I posted about prior showing poor technique and fight in blocking.

I didn't watch his blocking snaps closely during the most recent Steelers game to see if he improved. If he did improve due to personal commitment to improving or coaching, that's good and a positive he deserves credit for; however, that doesn't mean that he wasn't bad before. What it would prove is that you're elite at confirmation bias and needed to support your positive opinions of Carlson that probably sprung forth from his amazing catch against the Steelers. Therefore, any positive belief disconfirming information about Carlson must be rebuked so that opposing positive and negative information in your mind doesn't cause your discomfort and dissonance. Then you could go back to the freedom and bliss of your newfound Carlson worship.

Indeed, you still are a true elite, legendary Derp.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

@Mind Character Whats your take on Bryan Cox Jr?

For real for real, I never saw him as a secured 53-man roster guy coming out. I always saw him as a fringe-roster guy who might flash in preseason a few times to only be relegated to collecting a practice squad check.

Coming out of school, I thought he had really nice quickness around the corner and had really active and technically sound hands usage, but he lacked heavy hands, functional strength, next level hand counters/combos in combat, flexibility, and bend. What he lacked in bend his lower center of gravity and smaller size helped him often win the leverage game and get under the center of gravity of opponents for good wins.

He's an energy and competitive fire guy but I just don't think he has enough juice, twitch, power, or even elite move counters/combos to be a factor for us or any NFL team even as a situational rusher. 

I hope I'm wrong and the signing turns out to be not as odd as initially thought it was when I heard the news. Seems like there are a lot of guys out there in free agency that could provide some impact value over Cox Jr but I guess only time will tell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

For real for real, I never saw him as a secured 53-man roster guy coming out. I always saw him as a fringe-roster guy who might flash in preseason a few times to only be relegated to collecting a practice squad check.

Coming out of school, I thought he had really nice quickness around the corner and had really active and technically sound hands usage, but he lacked heavy hands, functional strength, next level hand counters/combos in combat, flexibility, and bend. What he lacked in bend his lower center of gravity and smaller size helped him often win the leverage game and get under the center of gravity of opponents for good wins.

He's an energy and competitive fire guy but I just don't think he has enough juice, twitch, power, or even elite move counters/combos to be a factor for us or any NFL team even as a situational rusher. 

I hope I'm wrong and the signing turns out to be not as odd as initially thought it was when I heard the news. Seems like there are a lot of guys out there in free agency that could provide some impact value over Cox Jr but I guess only time will tell.

What do you do for a living man? Seriously who watches prospects coming out of college? I appreciate your analysis of prospects and you have great knowledge but I feel like you are secretly an ex NFL scout or somethings. I would say maybe a member the media covering the Browns but I can't think of a single one of those idiots that actually know anything about football.

2 hours ago, brownplaque said:

What do you do for a living man? Seriously who watches prospects coming out of college? I appreciate your analysis of prospects and you have great knowledge but I feel like you are secretly an ex NFL scout or somethings. I would say maybe a member the media covering the Browns but I can't think of a single one of those idiots that actually know anything about football.

Lol. 

... if by "you have great knowledge" you mean mostly trash takes and/or meh attempts at satire/comedy then I agree.

I'm JAG man. I think a lot of us as Browns fans and on FF have become invested in the Draft process given that has been our Super Bowl for 2 decades. That includes a lot of wasted time watching college play cut-ups of players all across the college football landscape before they are officially drafted into the NFL.

For me, I'm just a guy that happens to have been around the real football business my entire life; a lot of which has had to do with the football administrative and football scouting parts of the business. Some people have family and friends in the Car-business.. others in Law or the Medical fields.. mine just happened to be around the business of college and pro football.

If I don't watch prospects and develop some sort of opinion based on watching game cut-ups (even if I'm way off base) then I become the guy at family/friend functions that just has to be silent and take sh** and can't participate in the scouting and football debates when all the fam and friends get together for anything.

I don't have interesting hobbies like woodwork or blacksmithing...spelunking.. rock-skipping or whatever the good people do nowadays. and I don't watch any television outside of sports or a movie/series me and the Mrs. decide we want to watch. I'm a boring JAG with hobbies like history, reading, and occasionally trying my hand at amateur college-pro football prospect scouting a few months out of the year. All just to pass the time as a pleasant escape while the world burns in its own fantasy and inability to face the truths of our existence.

All in all... I guess I'd just say Meh. That is all.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Lol. 

... if by "you have great knowledge" you mean mostly trash takes and/or meh attempts at satire/comedy then I agree.

I'm JAG man.

Can confirm, he’s a sht poster with adhd who likes to bloviate.

1/10 football knowledge, somewhere between your average 18 year old girl named Chariti (with an “I”) and a 60 something year old boomer named Roger who complains about how “the game is soft nowadays” because he played 3 years of JV football during the 70’s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can confirm, he’s a sht poster with adhd who likes to bloviate.

1/10 football knowledge, somewhere between your average 18 year old girl named Chariti (with an “I”) and a 60 something year old boomer named Roger who complains about how “the game is soft nowadays” because he played 3 years of JV football during the 70’s.

You forgot the part about how: When it rains he rubs his bad knee and says, "if it wasn't for that injury I would've been in the league."

"Bloviate".... oh looky here... we got ourselves a big shiny words Aristocrat... Yale, Harvard, Oxford, or Cambridge?

LGB below confirmed...

jTtRSSA.png

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5