2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

17 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Oh... my take on Carlson 9 days ago is the dumbest thing you've heard in a while huh?? Lol.

Given your level of elite Derp with Derp Derp logic that probably means I'm on the right track with my assessment.

My comments about Carlson were based in watching of each offensive snap up until the moment I posted them which was 10 days ago (the post you quoted was posted on the 12th of November).

In Carlson's snaps, in 6 or so blocking snaps that particular week he did just what I posted about prior showing poor technique and fight in blocking.

I didn't watch his blocking snaps closely during the most recent Steelers game to see if he improved. If he did improve due to personal commitment to improving or coaching, that's good and a positive he deserves credit for; however, that doesn't mean that he wasn't bad before. What it would prove is that you're elite at confirmation bias and needed to support your positive opinions of Carlson that probably sprung forth from his amazing catch against the Steelers. Therefore, any positive belief disconfirming information about Carlson must be rebuked so that opposing positive and negative information in your mind doesn't cause your discomfort and dissonance. Then you could go back to the freedom and bliss of your newfound Carlson worship.

Indeed, you still are a true elite, legendary Derp.

Don’t make me dig up all your legendary assessments of late round all pro prospects 

Also if you read my post it had Nothing to do with his catch. The guy made some solid blocks. Better than any TE on our roster currently has made this year.

..... We’re talking about a 3rd string TE here, btw.

Edited by pnies20
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need to extend Schoebert. It’s obvious he’s the leader of our defense and will be our MIKE for years to come.

Agreed, he’s proven to be our most consistent defender other than Myles.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Id like to extend Randall, but I will understand if we don’t.

I’d like to see it happen.  I think we could sign him to a reasonable deal after a down year.  I still like his ability long term.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We need to extend Schoebert. It’s obvious he’s the leader of our defense and will be our MIKE for years to come.

Id like to extend Randall, but I will understand if we don’t.

If we don’t extend Randall we literally have zero starting safeties lol

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn’t imagine they’re looking for Redwine to take over in year two, maybe Burris as well (who’s played well this year also).

I like Burris but he’s probably not ready. Redwine is not even as good as Burris at this point.

18 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I like Burris but he’s probably not ready. Redwine is not even as good as Burris at this point.

Tayne is on the edge of their seat for a completed mock off-season while this guy is in another thread discussing backup safeties. Society is doomed.

• Like 1

Yeah, hopefully they extend Schobert. They'd be crazy not to, IMO. But Schobert isn't a "Dorsey guy" and they drafted Takitaki, so I don't think it's a for sure thing that they extend him.

If Randall isn't willing to sign a team-friendly deal, then I would consider franchising him unless the FO/coaching staff believe Redwine or another safety is ready to step up.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, hopefully they extend Schobert. They'd be crazy not to, IMO. But Schobert isn't a "Dorsey guy" and they drafted Takitaki, so I don't think it's a for sure thing that they extend him.

If Randall isn't willing to sign a team-friendly deal, then I would consider franchising him unless the FO/coaching staff believe Redwine or another safety is ready to step up.

I would really hope they wouldn’t let a good starter go without seeing what they’ve got in the replacement. Redwine has done nothing. 

• Like 1

If we get 1 good and 1 average tackle our team should be elite assuming we have an option at rg. 

Dorsey hasn't been great at assembling olinemen and depeding on where our pick falls to it will be a challenge to find one. Id be rempted to keep robsinson for another year if we can get him for two years at 18 million for the total contract 

The next issue will be if schobert walks, our linebackers have been terrible-mediocre for most of our return. 

My plan to fix our OL in 2020

In free agency, sign Bryan Bulaga RT. Dorsey was the director of college scouting for GB when they drafted him and his long-time OL coach is here. It just makes so much sense for him to sign here. He's not a slam dunk, but he's a MAJOR upgrade over Chris Hubbard.

Trade our 2nd and a 2021 mid-round pick (from PHI or LAR) to WAS for Trent Williams LT. They asked for the moon last time, but Trent won't budge and I assume they'll take what they can get now (especially given that it seems they'll be able to get Andrew Thomas in the draft). Nobody's giving them a 1st, imo. With that said, Trent, when healthy, is an All Pro LT. Getting out of Washington and coming to a playoff contender should reinvigorate him to play up to his reputation, and we get to keep our 1st round pick.

That takes care of the tackle spots. I know they're both over 30, but they're good-great veteran players that are proven in the NFL. We can always front load their contracts. From there, hopefully Drew Forbes can be our RG.

LT - Williams

LG - Bitonio

C - Tretter

RG - Forbes

RT - Bulaga

Then BPA in the draft.

I imagine we'll draft one OT and sign another. Still would like to see McCray get a shot at RT or RG to see if he's worthy of starting next year. Wouldn't mind bringing Robinson back strictly as a backup, but we cannot go into next season with him still being out starting LT. Hubbard better be gone - he's a bum and is making way more money than he's worth.