2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be fair, neither we our current RG’s.

True. Which is exactly why I’m glad he signed somewhere else.

Insiders saying that Callahan likes Wyatt Teller and Forbes at RG. 

I dunno that they invest anymore in it right now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

True. Which is exactly why I’m glad he signed somewhere else.

Insiders saying that Callahan likes Wyatt Teller and Forbes at RG. 

I dunno that they invest anymore in it right now

Teller looked decent, at least compared to the guards he replaced. Forbes has the potential you would want from a lineman. I would like to see what those guys could do between Conk and JCT. just want to know what there plan is for back up tackle

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Teller looked decent, at least compared to the guards he replaced. Forbes has the potential you would want from a lineman. I would like to see what those guys could do between Conk and JCT. just want to know what there plan is for back up tackle

Is Lamm still under contract?

Maybe a mid rounder?

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

JTC = El Presidente'

That is what I am thinking also, vs spending a ton more on the position, also with Justin McCray there, who was horribly asked to play RT last year.....he's a OG and I have no CLUE as to why Chris Hubbard is still on the team, but he would NEED to move inside to OG and hopefully salvage something.....especially if we are keeping him for the money he's making

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

JTC = El Presidente'

That is what I am thinking also, vs spending a ton more on the position, also with Justin McCray there, who was horribly asked to play RT last year.....he's a OG and I have no CLUE as to why Chris Hubbard is still on the team, but he would NEED to move inside to OG and hopefully salvage something.....especially if we are keeping him for the money he's making

Right now there is no time table on Hubbards contract, so who Knows. Maybe they want to see what Callahan could do with him. They are not hurting for the salary cap. So who knows. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the AFC, I think New England and Houston miss the playoffs next year.

I think Pittsburgh and Cleveland fill their spots next year.

Im not ready to count out Houston. They have the best QB in the division. We have no idea what Indy has in Rivers. Titans are relying on Tannehill and for Henry to stay healthy the entire season, and Jags are the jags,  offense is weird and they lose some defensive talent. I think the AFC South will only have one playoff team and I think that will actually be the Texans. Same with the Pats. We have no idea what they will do at QB but they still might be able to win that division with their defense. They basically did that last year anyways. Not sure you can count on the jets and Darnold to defeat that Pats defense, Miami is still in rebuild. Buffalo still struggled to score points against the Pats last year. Cant really count out NE until they make the move at QB. Not gonna lie, I would love to see Newton go to the Pats.

Still doubt we see 3 teams from the AFC North. Not counting out the Ravens. Pittsburg, who knows what they do at QB. I know Big Ben is coming back but who knows how much he has left in the tank

Edited by buno67

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Im not ready to count out Houston. They have the best QB in the division. We have no idea what Indy has in Rivers. Titans are relying on Tannehill and for Henry to stay healthy the entire season, and Jags are the jags,  offense is weird and they lose some defensive talent. I think the AFC South will only have one playoff team and I think that will actually be the Texans. Same with the Pats. We have no idea what they will do at QB but they still might be able to win that division with their defense. They basically did that last year anyways. Not sure you can count on the jets and Darnold to defeat that Pats defense, Miami is still in rebuild. Buffalo still struggled to score points against the Pats last year. Cant really count out NE until they make the move at QB. Not gonna lie, I would love to see Newton go to the Pats.

Still doubt we see 3 teams from the AFC North. Not counting out the Ravens. Pittsburg, who knows what they do at QB. I know Big Ben is coming back but who knows how much he has left in the tank

I can understand Tennessee not making it. However, Houston reminds me of Green Bay where they rely 100% on their QB to bail them out. He’s in for a rough year without Hopkins. Watt is 31 and his body is a ticking time bomb.

New England is screwed. They just let go of a ton of guys. Brady was that entire offense. They also lost a HOF offensive line coach. They might be fine if 34 Edelman can keep taking steroids. All that team has left is BB and their secondary.

They also only have 4 mil in cap space. So they’re gonna have to cut more guys just to fit rookies in.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

Edited by candyman93

On 3/21/2020 at 11:26 AM, candyman93 said:

I feel that our double tight end formations are going to give Pittsburgh and Baltimore headaches.

Like @LETSGOBROWNIES said, its not going to give the division headaches, its going to give the conferences headaches.

Its also not just the double TE formation. Browns are going to really, hopefully, cause a lot of match up issues with 2 TE formations with 2 TB formations.

I seriously think they could cause so many issues with a 22 personal grouping. With Hooper and Hunt on the field, they could easily go 4 wide or a 3x1 trips or a 2x2 twins. Hell I would love to see the Browns running no huddle in the redzone and they run a 3x1formation with Hooper as the backside WR, have Njoku lead the point on the trips with Hunt and OBJ. Hell go twins with Hooper and Njoku on each side and you have Hunt and OBJ/Jarvis on either side. You could run a nasty RPO with Chubb as the RB or flash the fake and get it into the hands of Hunt or the WR and Hooper Njoku can block the corner and give room for Hunt/WR to do some damage. Hell, Chubb is a good enough back out of the back field that out of 22, they could go 5 wide with Hooper, Njoku, Hunt, Chubb, and the WR on the field at the moment.

Hell, all I want is if they catch the defense in a bad personal grouping, is the offense to go full no huddle and just abuse them

• Like 2