2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Just now, candyman93 said:

Sheldon Richardson is candidate #1 to get cut. I imagine Njoku won’t be brought back.

Vernon will walk as well, and I’d imagine goodbye Hunt with a decision on whether or not to pay Chubb. We have a lot of money allocated to the WR/TE spots.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

And that’s smart.

Just look at how teams drafted this year. You need 2 WRs now, not just 1.

I don’t disagree with that approach, but I’d be drafting WR and TE every year for a bit on the off chance one of our dudes becomes expendable.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t disagree with that approach, but I’d be drafting WR and TE every year for a bit on the off chance one of our dudes becomes expendable.

Considering his age, the coaching changes, philosophy changes, etc., I’d love to see them pick up the 5th year option for Njoku.

It would be about 6 million and should give them time to get a better idea of what type of player he can become.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Considering his age, the coaching changes, philosophy changes, etc., I’d love to see them pick up the 5th year option for Njoku.

It would be about 6 million and should give them time to get a better idea of what type of player he can become.

I wouldn’t be opposed at all. He’s still 23 and has proven to be our best red zone threat. 

Just a prediction: Texans, Patriots, and Titans will fall off a cliff. Texans rely way too much on Watson pulling miracles out of his ***. Patriots WR situation is a dumpster fire and they didn’t address QB. I’m expecting Ryan Tannehill to return to Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill.

Buffalo, Kansas City, and Baltimore will be back in the playoffs.

1. Kansas City

2. Baltimore

3. Buffalo

4. Indianapolis

5. Pittsburgh

6. Broncos

7. Browns

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you’re forgetting someone...

Obviously. Meant to add " aren't going to get the browns where they want to go," to Olivier Vernon, Chad Thomas, Adrian Clayborn listing. That's why it's 1.

I have no clue what they’re doing here.  Is Mack really moving inside?

Phillips has a MLB skillset but I doubt they'd have a rookie play MLB and call the defense. So, based on Takitaki's saying the coaches want him at WLB I'm just assuming Mack moves in at MLB. Could be wrong though. If they think BJ Goodson is our starter MLB we're screwed.

Meh, I’m not investing any more time or money here personally. I think Garrett could be just fine.

Between Keenum, the new coaching staff and the slice of humble pie he was served last season, I think Baker will put his best foot forward.

1.) Humble pie or not.. getting Baker's buddy out of there will change the professionalism dynamic in the room which is the most important thing.

2.) I'm down to roll with the Princeton UDFA QB over as Gilbert has a slow processor and is a poor anticipation thrower with slow and bad feet. He's a bigger arm, arm chucker. He doesn't have upside and his style of play is completely different from Case and Baker.

3.) It doesn't take much investment to replace Gilbert low contract guy with both more upside and the mentality to push Baker with similar style of play development.

I think expecting to upgrade from Hubbard at this point is probably unrealistic.

Indeed.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Id imagine we draft a guy next year for this though.  Anyone we bring in this year is likely just a placeholder.

Indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a prediction: Texans, Patriots, and Titans will fall off a cliff. Texans rely way too much on Watson pulling miracles out of his ***. Patriots WR situation is a dumpster fire and they didn’t address QB. I’m expecting Ryan Tannehill to return to Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill.

Buffalo, Kansas City, and Baltimore will be back in the playoffs.

1. Kansas City

2. Baltimore

3. Buffalo

4. Indianapolis

5. Pittsburgh

6. Broncos

7. Browns

Titans will be good. They’ll probably win the division